Beginners and Beyond

Rainy Penguins Weekend (Read 19 times)

GinnyinPA

At this point both Damaris and Allison have started.  (A - 5:30 is an odd start time.) As I slog through the puddles this morning, I'll be thinking about you and how much harder it is to do twice the distance.  I hope all goes well for both of you.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Congrats, Docket.  That must be a fun race.

Zelanie

Brilliant is through 20 miles!

PADRunner

Brilliant is through 20 miles!

GO Bril!

Zelanie

Brill still hasn't crossed the 24 mile mat.  I'm hoping it's just that her chip didn't read.

LRB

Brill still hasn't crossed the 24 mile mat.  I'm hoping it's just that her chip didn't read.

She's in! Cool

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Congrats, Bri Smile

Zelanie

Yay, Brilliant!

GinnyinPA

Congratulations to both Allison and Damaris!

My run with the Beer Runners was a lot of fun. It was one of my best long runs in a while, thanks to company, a new and nice course with gently rolling hills and pretty neighborhoods, cool temperatures, and no pollen. The HM course was a bit short, but since it wasn't a race, that was fine. I averaged MP, which is better than I expected right now. They had beer at 4, 9 and the finish. I skipped the first one, because I was worried about the lack of POPs, but the other two tasted great. It sprinkled a little off and on in the beginning, but the main rain had passed by starting time, so chaffing wasn't a problem. Jim met me at the finish and we went on to brunch at Dennys afterwards.

Brilliant

Ginny, how fun.  I'm so jealous of your beer runs.

Thank you all for the congratulations.  Big grin  I came in at 5:18:56. I'm happy with that. But... even though the weather was much better so the whole experience was less painful than the previous 2, it just was not fun for me to be out there slogging through >5 hours.  And I think with my age and complete lack of natural ability, there's no training plan that could get me much lower. Sad  So I think that was my 3rd and FINAL marathon.

For the 15 months or so, I've had fun watching my PRs fall in shorter distances as I've trained for them.  I think I can do that - continue to make incremental improvements at shorter distances.  But marathons - ugh.  No.  Luckily that fall marathon I'm already registered for will let me transfer to the half!

Congrats to Damaris on her hundredth or whatever number marathon that was. Smile

GinnyinPA

Allison - was this a PR?

PADRunner

Congrats Bril! It will wear off.