Beginners and Beyond

Where is everyone Tuesdailies (Read 31 times)

RunningOnSand

ROS- I’m glad you got the refund. Racing is stressful enough without all that aggravation. I seem to be recovering well after the last injury. Still not convinced it was a shin split but oh well it feels ok now. I’m definitely back to pre-injury or better shape but it is taking my body a little while to acclimate to the higher mileage again and doing workouts. Keeping easy days very easy right now. Thanks for asking ROS 

Glad you're feeling back to normal! You'll get to the higher mileage with your body acclimating to it in no time.

KC & Whiskers: oh that makes sense. I think I had been envisioning you hitting the "lap" button at every stride. But that makes sense that you just sped up during that portion so your splits would reflect faster & slower splits.

ZZY, totally counts as speed work. Wink Your race must be coming up soon?

Cyberic

Where is everybody today?

4 miles run to work with 10x :25 strides.  They were good.  When I look at the splits on Garmin, they look good, but for some reason when I look at the splits on RA, they are all rounded up to the same pace.  Weird.

Never noticed that happening to me before. But I barely ever pay attention to my pace in strides. Still weird.

sdWhiskers

Never noticed that happening to me before. But I barely ever pay attention to my pace in strides. Still weird.

I don't ever use the lap function for strides (20 sec at like 98%, per my coach) and don't look at pace really. I just imagine I'm being chased by zombies, lol

Routinely, coach gives me something like 15 x (1 min at 10k/5k then 1 min easy). I'll use the interval function for those. I care less about pace and more about not having to look at my watch the whole time, especially in the dark. Plus I'd never count 15 correctly! I've noticed before that RA cannot handle accuracy with those.

KCRuns

I've never done them before, so I put them in the workout the way the plan said to do them with 1:00 recoveries.  That way I didn't have to pay attention to the time or anything.  I know paces for them didn't really matter this morning (the plan gave guidelines as effort, not pace), but when I noticed the paces were all rounded to be the same, I got curious about it and wondered if other people had that happen as well.

onemile

I was supposed to run 8x1k aiming for 3:50/km. I managed for the first 2 before starting to fall apart. Quit after 6.  

Baboon

delicate flower

Got home, unloaded my shit, and took a nap with a cat on my chest (she missed me).  DW was nice enough to stop at the BBQ place near the airport after her flight landed and brought me home burnt ends, so I am about to tear into that.  She flew to and from Chattanooga and I drove her stuff down and back.

Training resumes tomorrow with a recovery run.

<3

GinnyinPA

Jay - that was a crazy day.

AFM: 8.2 easy

Half Crazy K 2.0

Went to Atlantic City Sunday and came back today. No running during that time.

KC, I have the same issue with intervals & rounding.

Baboon, great race! That drive sounds brutal.

Lauren, congrats on the new 10k PR!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Got home, unloaded my shit, and took a nap with a cat on my chest (she missed me).  DW was nice enough to stop at the BBQ place near the airport after her flight landed and brought me home burnt ends, so I am about to tear into that.  She flew to and from Chattanooga and I drove her stuff down and back.

Training resumes tomorrow with a recovery run.

Did you guys drove to carry all the equipment while the women flew?

I forgot to bring ibuprofen with me today so by the time I got back home, my tooth, my ear, my head were pounding.  7 with 2 @ MP notwithstanding because FTS.

Damaris

Baboon

delicate flower

Did you guys drove to carry all the equipment while the women flew?

Correct.  I insisted though.  There was no point having the women sitting in the car for two days if they didn't have to.

<3

Cyberic

I was supposed to run 8x1k aiming for 3:50/km. I managed for the first 2 before starting to fall apart. Quit after 6.  

Wow! Time in 1000m I understand without conversion! You know that is a 19:10 5K pace, don't you?

onemile

Wow! Time in 1000m I understand without conversion! You know that is a 19:10 5K pace, don't you?

Yeah so Addie asking me to do 8x1k at that was ridiculous. I tried it anyway

onemile

Correct.  I insisted though.  There was no point having the women sitting in the car for two days if they didn't have to.

That's very nice

sdWhiskers

Paces were 9:06, 7:58, 8:31, 9:14, 7:52, 8:11, 7:55, 8:01, 7:43, 7:51, but RA rounded all of them to 8:20.

Just uploaded my workout from this morning and all my paces flip between 8:20 and 9:06, lol

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Just uploaded my workout from this morning and all my paces flip between 8:20 and 9:06, lol

Must be something with the Garmin upload with RA, then.  Mine look fine but I don't wear a Garmin.  Wondering how many others are having that issue. HOw are you uploading?  Automatic?  Via fit file?

Damaris