Beginners and Beyond

Tuesdailies (Read 28 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

By rest, I meant non-running days

Yep, I wind up with rest days because I don't replace strength training with a run. So I mostly keep my 5 day running schedule, just run less each day.

LRB

why don't you just hit the lap button when you cross the line on the track and then adjust them in your log? that's what I do (if I run on the track) instead of relying on the GPS, which is always off on a track because of the curves.

I thought about it but couldn't figure out how to make it work in my head. Think I'll just go there and start running and reconcile it afterwards.

KCRuns

5 miles on the treadmill during lunch, slow and easy.  Worked through some work issues in my head while I was running, so it was a pretty productive hour.

onemile

I thought about it but couldn't figure out how to make it work in my head. Think I'll just go there and start running and reconcile it afterwards.

I program the workout for lap button press instead of distance.

So 12x400m, with 90 seconds recovery would be a repeat of 12 x Run: until lap button press, recover: duration 1:30.  Just gotta be back at the start line and ready to go when that 90 secs is up.

KCRuns

Not a lot of details here, but some of you faster runners could win some big money if this show tapes near you:  https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/lebron-james-competition-tv-series-ordered-by-cbs-1132719

LRB

AHHH, that's the part that was F 'n me up. Damn, I'm such an idiot! 

So in theory then, can't I program the recoveries for lap button, then just use that point for my start line?

onemile

AHHH, that's the part that was F 'n me up. Damn, I'm such an idiot! 

So in theory then, can't I program the recoveries for lap button, then just use that point for my start line?

Yep, I have done it that way too!  Depending on what the workout is.

RunningOnSand

Brilliant! You just solved my dilemma for next week's speed session.

I am not an experienced enough runner to comment on the tapering subject, but I do appreciate everyone's viewpoint.

I did Cruise Intervals today...10 mi w/3x2mi @ 8:00 pace w/3 min jog recoveries. I'm dead tired now. Time to nourish myself.

Half Crazy K 2.0

5 miles. At least is cooled down from the rain. And I got home before getting stuck in traffic from this:

Holabird Sports is just up the road on the left--hopefully the shoes are ok. Baltimorons have not quite grasped the concept of turn around, don't drown.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

^ Yikes!!!  Hope you're ok HC.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

Runshortii

I ran 9 with 4x1 mile w/ 3 minute recoveries. Goal was 7:00. Splits were 6:54,6:53,6:52 and 6:39.

The first couple felt a little harder than I expected, but I looked in my log and the last week of June I did the same workout in the same weather on the same route, only difference was .25 mi recoveries instead of 3 minutes, and I could only go sub 7 for one of them. So that’s something

Half Crazy K 2.0

^ Yikes!!!  Hope you're ok HC.

I'm fine. I was home when this happened.

Cyberic

I ran 9 with 4x1 mile w/ 3 minute recoveries. Goal was 7:00. Splits were 6:54,6:53,6:52 and 6:39.

The first couple felt a little harder than I expected, but I looked in my log and the last week of June I did the same workout in the same weather on the same route, only difference was .25 mi recoveries instead of 3 minutes, and I could only go sub 7 for one of them. So that’s something

Good job!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ugh, HCK.

I didn't do a thing.  Didn't run, didn't Pilated.  ANd it felt good.  I moved everything to Friday...

Damaris