Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES: The clock struck 5:00... (Read 31 times)

onemile

I have this workout to run tonight... Addie didn't specify the paces for the reps and I purposely didn't ask because I am afraid she will tell me to run them at 10k pace... 

2 mile and 1 mile reps - doesn't need to be on the track

Workout Description:
    2 mile warm up
    2 miles
    (2 min rest)
    1 mile
    (1.5 min rest)
    2 miles
    (2 min rest)
    1 mile
    2 mile cool down

LRB

I have this workout to run tonight... Addie didn't specify the paces for the reps and I purposely didn't ask because I am afraid she will tell me to run them at 10k pace... 

15k pace might be a good option until your legs are under you.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Nice run/walk after work yesterday, even though it was 90 degrees when I started.  But the humidity was only around 37%, so it felt pretty good.  I ended up with a little over 4 miles done.

Tonite is the start of the season for the weekly 2-mile San Antonio Zoo Fun Run.  We don't get to run in the Zoo though, too bad.  We run on trails in the park next to the Zoo.  This is a free weekly run that is every Wednesday from April to October.  Although it is free, most of us give a buck or two each week..and at the end of the 'season' all the money is donated to the Zoo Vet Service to help with the care of the animals.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Where would the legs be otherwise?

Damaris

LRB

Where would the legs be otherwise?

Behind her if they feel anything like mine do.

Cyberic

2 mile and 1 mile reps - doesn't need to be on the track

Workout Description:
              2 mile warm up
              2 miles
              (2 min rest)
              1 mile
              (1.5 min rest)
              2 miles
              (2 min rest)
              1 mile
              2 mile cool down

That would be a total of 10K (6 miles) at 10K pace. The would be too hard, wouldn't it?

onemile

That would be a total of 10K (6 miles) at 10K pace. The would be too hard, wouldn't it?

I have been given 6x1 mile at 10k pace before......

Cyberic

I have been given 6x1 mile at 10k pace before......

As I've said before: maybe my workouts aren't hard enough. I'd never come up with such a workout. I'd stop at 75% of the distance or something, so probably 4 or 5 max.

onemile

Maybe a 6:45 pace?

onemile

As I've said before: maybe my workouts aren't hard enough. I'd never come up with such a workout. I'd stop at 75% of the distance or something, so probably 4 or 5 max.

It's not like I'm getting anywhere by doing the super hard ones so I'm sure you're not missing anything

LRB

Maybe a 6:45 pace?

Yep. Under sell then over deliver. 

Cyberic

It's not like I'm getting anywhere by doing the super hard ones so I'm sure you're not missing anything

I'm not getting anywhere by NOT doing them either. So we both lose.

Cyberic

I guess if I have time, I'll try another evening run tonight. Problem is I will need a lot of time (and need to find a route), as the schedule calls for 15. Last night's 13 felt interminable. No one's life schedule has an extra 2-2.5 hours to go run (with change, shower, etc). This is stupid.

You are one determined dude to follow Pfitz 18-70 with the work schedule you have.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

You are one determined dude to follow Pfitz 18-70 with the work schedule you have.

Or any Pfitz whatsoever!

Damaris

onemile

Yep. Under sell then over deliver. 

Not by a whole lot

2 miles at 6:41 pace (it was actually 2.02 because my track doesn't have a 2 mile marker so it was 7 laps plus 100 meters )

2 min easy

1 mile at 6:36

1.5 min easy
                                2 miles at 6:39

2 min easy

1 mile at 6:29

11 miles total