Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES are feeling adventurous (Read 42 times)

Cyberic

I love my 620 but I've had a few problems with it recently that have me worried...

- It started charging backwards and then finally forward but extremely slowly.  I cleaned the contacts and it seemed to start charging normally again

- I had it plugged in to charge overnight (I checked to make sure it was charging) but when I went to use it it was completely dead.  Moved it in the cradle and it started charging again from zero

- It died in the middle of my run and then refused to upload that workout. It just said transfer failed and after a few tries then it said there was nothing to upload.

- Last night I tried using it indoors with the footpod. It detected the footpod but then when I started running it didn't show any pace/distance information.  I figured I'd just hit the lap button for each loop but then when I pressed it, it made a beep but it didn't lap or do anything at all.  I stopped the workout and then it froze trying to save it.  I had to restart and then it started working.

All of this within the past week has me nervous

Ouch. I'd be nervous too, except for the backward charging thing, which is a non-issue.

onemile

Ouch. I'd be nervous too, except for the backward charging thing, which is a non-issue.

I just don't want to get to my marathon and have it not be working.

LRB

How is that a non issue?

onemile

I ran 12 with 1,2,3,2,1,2,3,2,1 minutes on with equal moderate

-half marathon effort for the 3 min, 10k effort for the 2 min, 5k effort for the 1 min

onemile

How is that a non issue?

I think it's a "known issue" not a non-issue

LRB

I think it's a "known issue" not a non-issue

Ah. Yeah because I was gonna say that would suck.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

PR, I hope that's not the case and that you're feeling better soon!  In the mean time, any chance you could get to a pool for pool running?

I think the Y has a pool, but I'll never go to the trouble to find out.  If I'm not back running in a few days, I'll drag the gazell thing out of the shed and suffer through 30 mins a day.  It will suck, but learning to not take things for granted and to appreciate the daily kicks is a priceless lesson.   I'll gain 5 lbs and a better perspective.

Runner with a riding problem.

LRB

I think the Y has a pool, but I'll never go to the trouble to find out.  If I'm not back running in a few days, I'll drag the gazell thing out of the shed and suffer through 30 mins a day.  It will suck, but learning to not take things for granted and to appreciate the daily kicks is a priceless lesson.   I'll gain 5 lbs and a better perspective.

If you're lucky it'll only be 5 lbs. lol

Half Crazy K 2.0

Cyberic

How is that a non issue?

I really meant a non issue, because when onemile cleaned the contacts, it solved the problem. Technically, the watch is not reverse charging, it keeps going from charge mode (which is not happening) to watch mode when it is plugged in, because of the dirty contacts,, and the battery drains from switching modes. At least that was what was happening with my 610. That's why I'm saying it's a non-issue. The watch is not reverse charging, the contacts are dirty, and the battery drains when you plug it in to charge it.

Cyberic

I was supposed to do intervals today, but with last evening's beer drinking, I said fts, and ran easy with a few strides.

LRB

I was supposed to do intervals today, but with last evening's beer drinking, I said fts, and ran easy with a few strides.

lol

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Did Pilates then 2 solo and then 4.6 with hubby.  It started pouring at Mile 1 and the flooding and wind and blinding rain were bad so we got home a bit short.  I loved it.

Damaris

workinprogress11

Late again!  5 yesterday and today. I loved all the marathon thoughts yesterday too.