Beginners and Beyond

This is a busy race weekend so speak up if you are not accounted for! (Read 92 times)

RSX

Good luck everyone. I hope that you all get great weather

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

On Saturday, 10/12, I am doing the Strides for Sarah 5K - http://www.stridesforsarah.com/ - supporting the Marfan Foundation.   The 5K is  done on a really nice and shaded paved trail.  It also starts and finishes at Los Patios restaurant, a very good San Antonio eatery, and so we shall have breakfast tacos waiting for us at the finish.

I try to do this event each year because the 'presenter' of the race is the Gordon Hartman Foundation.   Gordon Hartman is a great guy and local philanthropist who does lots of good work locally. .  He and his foundation developed a HUGE park here in San Antonio uniquely designed to accommodate disabled people of all ages for access, rides, etc. The disabled kids especially love it.  I was a disabled kid myself, so I try to support Gordon's causes whenever I can.   Check out the park at the link, it's called Morgan's Wonderland - named for Gordon's disabled daughter.     http://www.morganswonderland.com/attractions/park-attractions

photo Aerial_View_zps01ec0dcf.jpg

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Zelanie

I am planning to run but not race a local 10k.

Antipodean

I am running my club's final cross country event of the season, the Joe Giles Mile. Last year I won the women's race, but this year there is going to be a lot more competition. The course is on a flat path within a park. I'm pretty nervous about pacing. I hope to get close to 7 minutes, anyway, we'll see about where that places me. It all depends on who show up.

We'll follow the 6pm race with a barbecue. For us, the track season starts next week.

Julie

"It's not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves."

~ Sir Edmund Hillary

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Good luck everyone who is racing!!!!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

I will be passing out  3 Floyds beer at AS12 at Chicago.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Jerry working at a stand with free beer? Have you died and gone to heaven? I hope there is enough left for the runners! Wink

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

I'll save one for Rocket  !!!    Wink

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

10/13 clifford (tbrd) - Towpath Half Marathon

10/13 slowrunningjulie - Towpath Marathon

10/13 LRS - Towpath Marathon

10/13 wcrunner - Towpath 10K

Towpath has been postponed until November 3rd, assuming the government is up and running by then.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

PADRunner

I got this message today on my race.

Thank you for your pre-registration and for being a part of the 2013 Pumpkin Run!  Unfortunately, due to circumstances beyond our control (the government shut-down), the 10K race has been re-plotted on a revised course that will NOT proceed over the dam as has been advertised (an area managed by the Corp of Engineers).  The race will instead be located totally on the park grounds, and although it will remain a 10K Run, we will not be able to obtain the certification for the course length prior to this Saturday.

We understand our runner's need for a certified track and we will happily refund your registration if you prefer.  Our 5K certified track was not affected by the permit, so if you would like to change your race to the 5K, we would be more than happy to accommodate you.

They are offering options of running the new course change to 5k or a full refund. I'm planning on doing it anyway.

LRB

I will be passing out  3 Floyds beer at AS12 at Chicago.

I had always scoffed at the idea of drinking a beer during an event, but while running my last marathon, I came upon a beer stand just after mile 24.  The guy manning the station said "You look like you could use a beer".  I was suckin' ass and grabbed one, man that remains the best 3 ounces of beer I have ever drank!

Love the Half

I'm not running but I am the Race Director for the Scott Teays Elementary Fall Into Fitness 5K.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

EbonyN

MusicofEbony

I will be running the Go for Bo , a local 5K this Saturday. This will be my first race since the onset of chronic Achilles tendonitis last November. I only started running again this past July. I'm a bit stressed about this race, because this is actually the race I won first overall female last October. I'm trying to keep my expectations realistic. I just looking to have run and run about an 8:00 per mile pace.

Formally known on the Runners World forums as Malletgirl02.

Hip Redux

Good luck to everyone racing this weekend!

I will be running the Go for Bo , a local 5K this Saturday. This will be my first race since the onset of chronic Achilles tendonitis last November. I only started running again this past July. I'm a bit stressed about this race, because this is actually the race I won first overall female last October. I'm trying to keep my expectations realistic. I just looking to have run and run about an 8:00 per mile pace.

First race back from injury, extra good luck to you Ebony!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Good thing you reminded me I had my first HM this weekend, almost forgot Wink

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to