Beginners and Beyond

It's Friday, Penguins, I'm in love!! (Read 18 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

Today, I will be using, the Shatner comma!  It's perfect, for inserting, dramatic pauses!!  And what, will you, be doing, today???

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

'Morning HsM.

3.5 with DW and ready for last spring HM on Sunday.

#artbydmcbride

not inserting any dang extraneous commas that is for dern sure and what is more I may eschew all punctuation altogether as well

Runners run

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I inserted a lot of commas during my questioning of the defendant today.  Trial is done!  Pilates and 5 miles tonight.

Damaris

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Afternoon Pens!

Well I wound up not picking up my bib yesterday re: mass transportation delays.  I'd rather be on time to my student.  So bib pickup today instead.

Other than resting my back I do a bunch of stretches, take NSAIDs, and just hope it gets better.  It has certainly improved throughout this week and I'm confident that I'll at least show up at the starting line tomorrow :-P  I haven't had any right sided numbness today, just pain (which is an improvement).  The pain has become more localized to my back instead of radiating down my leg (another good sign).

I'm not so fond of the excessive commas treatment I'd much rather go comma-less and make super longass run-on sentences that go on forever and ever because that's just how I roll commaless ;-)

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Butt (piriformis) and hamstring are still pulling some, but I am able to run a bit. Tuesday, out at Lackland in the PM - dang, it was HUMID - and had to walk a bit more than I wanted. 2.9 miles in a very slow 35:18. Thursday at Fort Sam Houston in the PM after all the morning rain we had. Temp dropped though, so felt a bit cooler. Run/walk went a bit better too. Still slow, but 3 miles in 35:24. Not even close yet to being back where I was before I pulled this stuff; but for now I will just be happy I can do any running at all. One thing about Fort Sam...the medical center is a huge treatment center for Wounded Warriors; so I love running here - and especially now when I'm injured cuz all I have to do is see one of those people out doing his/her thing, overcoming all he/she went through and that just gives me so much perspective - I really got nothing to complain about compared to these folks. "So, Scottydog", I tell myself, "just just up and run, or just do what you can and quitcher bitchin'!"

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Singer who runs a smidge

not inserting any dang extraneous commas that is for dern sure and what is more I may eschew all punctuation altogether as well

Anybody who can use both "dern" and "eschew" in the same post wins!!

Singer who runs a smidge

I'm not so fond of the excessive commas treatment I'd much rather go comma-less and make super longass run-on sentences that go on forever and ever because that's just how I roll commaless ;-)

If sometimes I use too many commas and sometimes I skip them altogether, does that make me a comma chameleon?

I come and go, too!

Singer who runs a smidge

Nary even a groan? 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Damaris

GinnyinPA

I laughed.  I love a good pun.

Scotty - I'm glad you're able to get out and run again.  I find when my hamstring is acting up that as long as I run really slow and avoid excessive hills, I can keep running. I agree about keeping perspective.  Yours is a temporary blip on your running calendar, which will soon be gone.  But it really is a PITA.

Jerry - good luck with your HM this weekend.  Is your wife completely healed now?

D - so how did the trial go?  Easier or harder than expected?  I hope your run and torture session went well.

Jill - good luck at your race tomorrow.  I hope the back holds up for you.

For some reason I ended up with a bad case of DOMS from my hilly run on Wednesday. (Maybe the strides I slipped in every half mile or so?) My legs felt like they did after my first marathon.  I thought about taking the day off, but it is supposed to start another rainy spell tomorrow and I wanted to enjoy today's sunshine, so I just took it very slow and easy.  The first two miles were hard, but then everything loosened up enough I was able to run pretty much normally. I ended up with six sweaty miles.