Beginners and Beyond

RR--Busch Gardens Christmas Town 8K Dash--Pix! (Read 238 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Sounds like a fun event!  Congrats on your race!

Which Busch Gardens?  Since the temp was 37, I am guessing it was not the one in Tampa.   I grew up in Virginia.  Northern Virginia, in Falls Church.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Mmmmm...beer

BG hills were a challenge, but the challenge was accepted! I was actually surprised at my finish time (considering the hills). It was a really fun race and it was actually nice running through BG, even with the hills. I would suggest anyone to run (or run/walk) it.

I'll have to do it next year, maybe by then the hills won't scare me. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Mostly harmless

I'm glad you had such a good time and congrats on coming back from your injury!  I bet it feels great to be back in the saddle again!  Thanks for the awesome race report.

I ran this race too.  My son and I run this one together every year in memory of his grandmother (my mother in law). She passed away in October 2010, a couple months before the first one.  Busch Gardens was one of her favorite places to go and she even worked there for a short time.  We put U2 on our iPods (her favorite band) and run for Grammy. :-)

This year we were joined by my wife and father in law (walkers) and one of my daughters and her bf (speedy runners).

This is a very well organized race and I give big props to the organizers, Flat Out Events.  The course is hilly but they don't send you down the REALLY steep hills that you can find in some areas of the park.  IMHO, the absolute coolest part of this race is the bridge from the Germany to Italy sections of the park is lined with US Marines in their dress uniforms that high five you all the way across.

Again, thanks for the great RR and congrats on running a great race.

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

Just B.S.

Congrats that is awesome!!

Love the costumes and that is one great medal!

Mostly harmless

Hey, I just found a picture of your DH flying!

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

Supersono99

Pimp Santa Floating rules!

Bummer Tampa doesn't have this! Maybe next year. 

TooStupidToStop

Rach^

I'm glad you had such a good time and congrats on coming back from your injury!  I bet it feels great to be back in the saddle again!  Thanks for the awesome race report.

I ran this race too.  My son and I run this one together every year in memory of his grandmother (my mother in law). She passed away in October 2010, a couple months before the first one.  Busch Gardens was one of her favorite places to go and she even worked there for a short time.  We put U2 on our iPods (her favorite band) and run for Grammy. :-)

This year we were joined by my wife and father in law (walkers) and one of my daughters and her bf (speedy runners).

This is a very well organized race and I give big props to the organizers, Flat Out Events.  The course is hilly but they don't send you down the REALLY steep hills that you can find in some areas of the park.  IMHO, the absolute coolest part of this race is the bridge from the Germany to Italy sections of the park is lined with US Marines in their dress uniforms that high five you all the way across.

Again, thanks for the great RR and congrats on running a great race.

I think it is fantastic you and your son run this race in memory of his grandmother. This is definitely a great race. I also agree the best part is the bridge with the Marines dressed to impress. I'm glad you had just as much fun as I did!

TooStupidToStop

Rach^

Hey, I just found a picture of your DH flying!

Thanks! DH is super excited to see a photo of him running. I think I've created a monster! (which is FINE by me!)

Robert31320

Team TJ

Congrats on the post injury fun race.  Nice medal!

Running for TJ because he can't.

TooStupidToStop

Rach^

Sounds like a fun event!  Congrats on your race!

Which Busch Gardens?  Since the temp was 37, I am guessing it was not the one in Tampa.   I grew up in Virginia.  Northern Virginia, in Falls Church.

Yep, it's in Virginia. I am actually surprised there isn't one in Tampa. I think they should get on that because it is so much fun!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hi, Rach!  Glad to see you here too.

Awesome job!  How are you feeling these days?

Damaris

TooStupidToStop

Rach^

Hi, Rach!  Glad to see you here too.

Awesome job!  How are you feeling these days?

Not too bad. Just trying to get into the swing of things again. Of course it doesn't help being in the middle of moving to Alaska (from Virginia). My knee feels great. I still have to wear my brace, but it feels good. Just building endurance now and will work on speed later.

Supersono99

Yep, it's in Virginia. I am actually surprised there isn't one in Tampa. I think they should get on that because it is so much fun!

Yes they should(get on that)!