Beginners and Beyond

ISLAGIATT Sundailies (Read 35 times)

DavePNW

Haha, DaveP is working on a composite sketch from all the minimal photos I post of myself :P

I was missing backs of upper arms, so this will help.

Dave

delicate flower

Only 33 miles of running? Slacker!

Seriously, 18 hours of training is quite a bit. Do you feel more tired than when only training for a marathon?

So far, yes.  The non-impact swimming and riding isn't beating the crap out of me like a long string of 60 mpw running does.  This just takes up a lot of time.

<3

delicate flower

Thanks!

There were several spots that looked like this, but with more rocks and no way around it.  I couldn't WALK it easily, it was struggle to keep moving forward!  Mentally that was really tough.

That looks rough!  I have fond memories of mountain biking around there when trails looked like that.  Seems that it doesn't even dry out during a drought.

<3

Cyberic

I just registered for another marathon. Montreal. The fact that it's right here, in my back yard, makes it appealing. After what I spent on Boston, it seems like running Montreal is so cheap. 89 USD all taxes included. Period. No traveling, no hotel.

There's also the fact that it's rather flat. The first half has some hills, as Damaris can confirm, although not even close to Boston, and the second half is pretty flat and is where I run all year 'round.

Also, there is a jacket for all full marathon finishers this year. Although not the prettiest jacket out there, it sure is better looking that this year's Boston, and it is free!

The finisher's jacket

The T-Shirt

Half Crazy K 2.0

4.4. It's mid May, I should not need long sleeves and a vest in the afternoon. It's actually not that cool, just the damn 30 mph winds.

Oski, the hills sound rough and the picture makes it look like loosing a shoe is a strong possibility.

A long run for me is anything over 90 minutes. Which some days, like during the summer, does not wind up being very far.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Awesome job, Oski!  And LOL at Dave's comment on your picture!  At least you didn't need to put an Oski bear there. Smile

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I got a similar jacket from RnR NOLA and if we make it to Seattle, I get another one, it's cool!

Damaris

Cyberic

I got a similar jacket from RnR NOLA and if we make it to Seattle, I get another one, it's cool!

It's a competitor.com promotion for 2016, is that it?

MTA: Does it feel cheap. At that price, you can't expect too much. Does it have mesh inside is some parts?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

It's a competitor.com promotion for 2016, is that it?

MTA: Does it feel cheap. At that price, you can't expect too much. Does it have mesh inside is some parts?

They had it last year but only for one marathon (I got it then), and this year it's for all RnR Marathoner finishers.  it is a Brooks jacket.  Same quality as other Brooks jackets.  I use mine all the time (I have two).

Damaris

Cyberic

They had it last year but only for one marathon (I got it then), and this year it's for all RnR Marathoner finishers.  it is a Brooks jacket.  Same quality as other Brooks jackets.  I use mine all the time (I have two).

Never had a Brooks jacket, so I wouldn't know about the quality. But if you use it all the time, it will probably be good enough for me too.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Isn't the Boston jacket a Brooks jacket?  It should be of that same quality.  My first one was a year old and I've used it a shit ton of times.  I just like the black/red one better than the black they gave me at San Diego, just because of the colors. Smile

Damaris

Mr MattM

That was my first marathon.

Cool!  That was my first sub3 marathon.

be curious; not judgmental

LRB

Isn't the Boston jacket a Brooks jacket?  It should be of that same quality.  My first one was a year old and I've used it a shit ton of times.  I just like the black/red one better than the black they gave me at San Diego, just because of the colors. Smile

Boston and everything about it is sponsored by adidas.

LRB

After nearly a month of dealing with a stiff neck (I slept on it wrong the day after Boston) I finally gave in and took a Motrin 800. Now get this; for the first time in nearly a month, my neck doesn't hurt. 

#idiot

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Boston and everything about it is sponsored by adidas.

That's how much I know about it, ha.

Damaris