Beginners and Beyond

Time to toss the shoes Thursday Penguins (Read 21 times)

Brilliant

Good morning Penguins!

I usually wear my Brooks Ravennas for at least 500 miles.  But others, like the Launch & Connect & Cadence models, don't last as long.  (those are my speed shoes. So they don't get as much wear anyway haha)

I only ran 2.8 this morning.  My glutes were really hurting from boot camp yesterday!  And I felt a little weak, maybe because I went straight from a fasting blood draw to my run!  (I did eat a banana)

Brilliant

Oh, and Ginny, I'm with Zel, you ARE in great shape.  But you're right, we runners might do well to spend just a little more time on the overall fitness.  My problem is that I like to run, and anything else, not so much. Sad

Singer who runs a smidge

4:1 minute run/walk with DW, 3.3 miles.  Ran on 200 mile shoes due to the above discussion.  DW is feeling good and planning to run/walk the Illinois HM...Yay !!!

HsM, glad the puppy is okay.  What did he step on?

Not a clue.  We have wire fence at the sides of our yard, so we're wondering if he put his feet up on the wire fence and maybe tried to climb over it?  Unless we find blood splashed somewhere, we'll probably never know.  Dusty is big, athletic, high energy, so he's got several scars from running into sticks or over stakes, plus from the copperhead bite from a few years back ...

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Not a clue.  We have wire fence at the sides of our yard, so we're wondering if he put his feet up on the wire fence and maybe tried to climb over it?  Unless we find blood splashed somewhere, we'll probably never know.  Dusty is big, athletic, high energy, so he's got several scars from running into sticks or over stakes, plus from the copperhead bite from a few years back ...

Ouch,  Poor puppy.

Damaris

PADRunner

PAD - I hope the rain stops so you can run.  Are you having the kind of flooding they got in Houston?

We've had a couple of heavy days but not as bad as Houston

Singer who runs a smidge

Prince has died?? 

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Damaris

GinnyinPA

I ended up running 8, after all.  It was one of those days when showers were forecast, but not all that seriously. The first sprinkles were at mile 4, but only lasted about a minute.  After that I'd get an occasional drip, but those may have been sweat. Finally when I was a mile from home it began to rain a bit more seriously.

on my way to badass

StoneFence - which shoes do you wear?

New Balance 860s

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28