Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #198 (Read 23 times)

DavePNW

no judgement here. I am always on the lookout for runners to hook up with too. 

These guys would be potentially good RPs, based on pace. But we didn’t make a date or anything, so I guess will have to rely on random coincidence again.

Dave

onemile

These guys would be potentially good RPs, based on pace. But we didn’t make a date or anything, so I guess will have to rely on random coincidence again.

Earlier this year, I had RPs 3-5x a week and it was great - esp for workouts.  Then the past 6 weeks or so things changed and I have had to run alone the great majority of runs and it sucked. On top of that the weather turned disgustingly hot.  so that kinda hurt my motivation to keep training hard.  But starting last week I am getting my RP's back (3 runs last week) and 3 already this week and it really makes it so much less of a chore.

LRB

10.2 on the AlterG (because the foot pod wasn't cooperating and I needed the Garmin to at least reach 10).

So I decided I'm finally upgrading my phone. I have Sprint, which at some point became part of T-Mobile, and the store I went to when I got my current phone is a T-Mobile store. The next-nearest Sprint store is about half a mile farther from me... except it's listed on T-Mobile's website as one of their stores, too. I called the one I went to in the first place to find out if I can just get my upgrade there, but nope, apparently I can't do that, I need to go to a Sprint store. What's the point of merging if they're still... separate? 

I had the same experience with Metro and T-Moblie a few years back. You dance with the one who brung ya I guess.

LRB

no judgement here. I am always on the lookout for runners to hook up with too. 

Most runners cross the street when they realize it's me so I never get to ask. 

onemile

Most runners cross the street when they realize it's me so I never get to ask. 

I would run with you!

I've asked at least 4 women to run with me and they all had excuses.  Only the guys say yes. 

6 mile progrssion run. It was cloudy this morning, which made a huge difference in how it felt. Still humid & not comfortable, but at least manageable.

Daffy, is that a copperhead?

Yep, I have never seen one here and I’ve been running and walking accotink for 38 years

bluerun

Super B****

I had the same experience with Metro and T-Moblie a few years back. You dance with the one who brung ya I guess.

None of the Sprint stores have the phone I want in stock -- they can order it for me and it will be there tomorrow. But for some reason I have to come into the store for them to do that, so I guess I will dance over there twice. At least it's a nice day out today. (Tomorrow will not be.)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

DavePNW

Earlier this year, I had RPs 3-5x a week and it was great - esp for workouts.  Then the past 6 weeks or so things changed and I have had to run alone the great majority of runs and it sucked. On top of that the weather turned disgustingly hot.  so that kinda hurt my motivation to keep training hard.  But starting last week I am getting my RP's back (3 runs last week) and 3 already this week and it really makes it so much less of a chore.

I think coordinating on weekday mornings would be hard anyway. I would like to get my Saturday LR group back - the LRs is where the company really makes a difference. As I reported last Saturday, I just tried showing up but no one else did. People usually do, and I’ll probably try again this weekend. And possibly have to choose between a too-slow and a too-fast group. 

Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

There is some serious shit going down with the Washington Redskins and I want to know what it is.

<3

LRB

Was looking for my mask and swept my hand under the driver's seat in my work car and pulled out these three items in one pass. 

DavePNW

^ that’s a well-balanced meal right there.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

There is some serious shit going down with the Washington Redskins and I want to know what it is.

Something about the culture of the organization.

If it boils down to the team owner is an asshole, that was a well known fact from the start.

onemile

I think coordinating on weekday mornings would be hard anyway. I would like to get my Saturday LR group back - the LRs is where the company really makes a difference. As I reported last Saturday, I just tried showing up but no one else did. People usually do, and I’ll probably try again this weekend. And possibly have to choose between a too-slow and a too-fast group. 

yeah I have been driving 15-25 minutes for my morning runs the past 2 weeks 

onemile

^ that’s a well-balanced meal right there.

carbs, fat, and protein. what else do you need?

Baboon

delicate flower

Something about the culture of the organization.

If it boils down to the team owner is an asshole, that was a well known fact from the start.

There are some pretty crazy Twitter allegations out there, including Dan Snyder having direct ties to Jeffrey Epstein's crimes.

<3