Beginners and Beyond

Penguin Fragtastic FRIDAILY (Read 32 times)

Zelanie

Morning!  I need to run to a meeting, so hello, good luck, or feel better to all, as applicable. Smile  I did get my plank in.  1:50 today.

Yesterday I ran with the running club for the first time in a while.  I ran a mile warmup, because they can start off really speedy, and I'm glad I did.  The first 2 miles with the club were also my first 2 sub-9 miles I've even tried to run since April.  The first mile, I was thinking that it sucked and was I brave enough to admit that I needed to slow down.  The second mile, I started to realize that I could do it.  The third mile, we hit the hill. Shocked  Felt like a damn skyscraper, and for sure no sub-9 mile there!  From the top, we settled in with a group that ran at a more comfortable pace back down to the start.  7.5 total, 6.5 with the group.

Today I hope to run 4 after my meetings.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

On my phone patiently waiting for my lunch meeting.  This morning's run was rough.  I hope my legs wake up before tomorrow morning.  I have a 2 1/2 hr long run.  Comtemplating my first rest day in 77 days.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Awood: TAKE A REST DAY!! (Just my opinion) Wink

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

6 miles running with walk breaks every 1.5 miles. Felt great in the 78 degree heat.  DD put on a paint mask as soon as we walked in the door. Her 25th BDay today.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Scotty, don't you get the day off for National Joke Telling Day?

Actually, I finished a few work projects ahead of schedule so my boss is letting me leave today 2 hours early.  Yay!

And, Jerry, here you go.....some jokes....get ready to groan...

Why don’t blind people skydive?

Scares the heck out of the dog.

Fred: What's the matter, Bob? What has happened?
            Bob: My wife told me that if I don't shave my beard, she is leaving me.
            Fred: Oh, man. I am really sorry to hear that. I know how much you like your beard, Bob. But still, why are you crying?
            Bob: I am really gonna miss her!

How did the pirate get a black eye?

From a rum punch

What’s the difference between a golfer and a parachutist?

A golfer goes Whack…”Darn!”  A parachutist goes…”Darn!”  WHACK!

What happens when you give a bald man a comb?

He’ll never part with it

What do pirates suffer from in old age?

Rumatism

Newspaper ad:  For Sale: Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain.

What do you call it when a parachute doesn’t open?

Jumping to a conclusion.

What’s the favorite game of bartenders?

Gin Rummy

Benny was at a carnival and annoyed a gypsy fortune-teller who then put a curse on him.  She told him if he ever shaved something terrible would happen to him.  Benny laughed it off but after he got home and thought about it he started worrying. So he stopped shaving and his beard grew very long and it became a real pain to groom it every day.  Finally, he just couldn’t stand it any longer so he shaved it off.  Right after he finished shaving, there was a little popping sound and Benny turned into a large Greek vase.  Which just goes to show you…A Benny Shaved Is A Benny Urned.

What should you do if you have fear of a hurdle?

Get over it

Did you hear what happened at the daycare center?

A kid wouldn’t take his nap so he was charged with resisting a rest

Did you hear about the hot dog vendor who entered a marathon?

He mustard the strength to ketchup to the leader

What happened to the guy who swallowed food coloring?

He dyed a little inside

Who is the patron saint of poverty?

St. Nickel-less

Did you hear about the batteries hand-out?

They were given away free of charge

What happens if you don’t pay an exorcist?

You get repossessed

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Singer who runs a smidge

Roll eyes

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Love working at a university and I have a good boss.  I finished several short-notice projects this week ahead of deadline - well ahead of deadline - so she is letting my start my weekend early by letting me leave 2 hours early.  Nice!

Sorry you still have the cough, Bin, hope you feel better!

Good luck with your 6 tonite, Damaris!  Glad you are feeling better!

Safe trip to the Poconos, Margo!

Good luck with your 15K tomorrow, Kristin.  FE-ing with lilac?  Get lots of photos of you both, I need a Great Legs fix! Big grin

Yay, Jimmy, glad to hear you had such a good run and that your leg is not bothering you!  Congrats on the weight loss too!  Is your wife still able to recognize you?

Enjoy your rest day, Jack, you earned it after the long day you had yesterday!  Have a great weekend!

Funny, Mitch, my wife tells me the same thing, lol.   Good luck with your post-work miles.

Have fun chillin' all weekend, HsM!

Good luck with your race tomorrow, Dave!  Wish you weather was here for my 5K tomorrow.  7:30 a.m. start for me and 75 degrees at start time.

Wow, some speedy running for you Zelanie, way to go!  You keep that up and you're going to turn into the woman version of Super Dave here pretty soon!

Dang, Awood, I'm surprised your legs will run for you at all with 77 days of no rest!

Happy Bday to your DD, Jerry!  What the heck is a paint mask?  Aww, 25....where were we when we were that young?  I was still in Asia, actually, in the Philippines, and in the Air Force.  Probably with a San Miguel beer in hand.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

SheCan

Morning fragtastic Penguins!  (I'm sure I didn't use that correctly, but what the heck, y'all are fragtastic!)

Bin hope your cough clears up.

kristin-- have a great race and FE tomorrow!  Can't wait to hear about it.

Scotty-- good luck on race 47!  Enjoy your early off day.  Great boss you have!

jblack-- I always want icecream, bin and jerry's (hey guys) or otherwise Smile  Yay@ being under 200 again!   You're such an inspiration.

Jack-- great job on the 10 and the back to school night.  What race did your wife end up choosing?  Are you going to run it with her and then do the Tucson Marathon also or do 2 marathons?

hopesmom sounds like everything is falling into place.  Have a good, chillin' weekend.

Dave--- oh man, 57* is perfect running weather.  Hopefully you'll have the same for the race tomorrow.  Good luck, though I know you don't need it.

Zelanie-- awesome job!   You're such a trooper, and always run so fast!

Awood-- ugh@2-1/2 hour runs.  Just don't psych yourself out, and you'll do fine.

I did a slow 9 m and came in and did my planks.  I'm so glad Traci challenged us as its so easy for me to get lazy about doing anything other then running.  Here's a re-post of the plank video from yesterday if y'all are interested:

http://physicalliving.com/the-5-minute-plank-for-core-strength-stability-and-rock-hard-abs/

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Zelanie

Mitch- Mia is doing well, thanks for asking.

tracilynn

hello penguins! I ran 7miles this morning and then  managed a 70sec plank. I noticed the last few weeks that during my longer runs my mid back would start aching so that's why I started doing the planks. Today I ran 7 and noticed my back didn't hurt at all. Thinking maybe the planks are helping with that.

Zel, nice job on the speedy miles!

awood, Holy cow. Rest up. 2.5 hr long run is no joke

now I want Ice cream too!  Yesterday I was really Evil and ate 4 Krispy Kreme donuts. Argh.

Take caRe everyone

~~~~~~~

Traci

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

YES! I love good news. I just got a call from a friend who needs a drummer for a show tonight. I love when I get paid to have fun!! Smile

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Jack I didn't realize you're a drummer so cool!

Thanks for the luck everyone!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Jack, what if we needed a drummer in Indiana?

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Enjoy!

YES! I love good news. I just got a call from a friend who needs a drummer for a show tonight. I love when I get paid to have fun!! Smile

6 miles done. It was 97F when I left (heat index), the sun was located at 4pm time and it was hot.  Did I mention it was hot?  And humid.

Damaris

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Kristin: I've put up a picture or two, but not in some time. I'll try to get one tonight.

Docket: I will!

Awood: if they pay for my ticket out there, I will do it!! Wink