Beginners and Beyond

Tuesday Penguins Ain't Over Yet!! (Read 11 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

Because I remembered this morning when I got up, I have a quartet gig at lunch today!!  So I'm fixing to go get my glam on and find the song order (I think I have to introduce a couple of the songs too, yikes!), but I wanted to stop in and say hello!!  Our shows went very well indeed, and I'll post a few pics when I get back from the gig.  Glad I took yesterday off, because I was exhausted!!

Oh, and we had some of Ginny's wind too ... we have no idea where our firepit cover landed.  Not sure it's still in the same county!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

GinnyinPA

HM - good luck with your lunchtime gig.

Z - how are you feeling today?  Did you end up with a black eye in addition to the cuts and knot where you were hit?

D - enjoy your bike ride today.  I saw what you said about being afraid that an easy walk would turn into an easy jog. Good luck restraining yourself for another week.

AFM:  I have 5 this afternoon.  The wind is a lot less and it's supposed to be warm (50) so it should be nice, especially if the sun comes out.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Afternoon!  PT done this morning and a bike ride tonight.  She actually told me to bring my running shoes because we are hopping on the TM to run some this week. Yay me!

HopesMom, hope the gig went well.

Ginny, I'm only restraining myself through Monday, though.  And at PT.  But I think I am ready.  Enjoy the 5.

Z, that's one heck of a bump.  Hope it's better today.

Damaris

Singer who runs a smidge

Lunchtime gig was ok ... luckily the assisted living folks are usually a forgiving audience.  We had a few glitches here and there, but it's all good.

So, a few shots from this weekend's shows!

First, my quartet:

And an action shot of the chorus!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

You look awesome there, nice job!

Damaris

GinnyinPA

Looks like fun.  Was this the big annual competition?  How did you do this year?

Singer who runs a smidge

No, competition happens at the end of March.  This was just a show, though the prep felt like competition prep!! 

Zelanie

No black eye yet. I have a headache and a bruise over my eyebrow. It could look interesting in a few days.

HsM- That looks like a blast!

Ginny- Hope that you got your warm running weather.

D- Good luck at PT!