Beginners and Beyond

Lazier Than Vets Monday Penguins (Read 38 times)

Sloooow.

Happy Veterans Day all!

Obie, hopefully the wind will ease up for you!

Dave, sounds like a lovely run. And I agree, great plan that starts with a rest day!

Awood, I'm very behind with everything. Do you have a new goal? Running for fun for a while?

Lauren, enjoy your rest day and congrats on your mileage from last week!

Padrunner, 48 is very cold for me! Treat yourself to some warmer clothes for the winter Smile

Mitch, understand complaining about the pain! A week off will do you good. Sorry about all the foot issues, it sucks.

Docket, enjoy your rest day! Your weekend made me feel tired.

Traci, I don't think it's been in the 20's as long as I have been here. You're somewhere South, right?

Gustav, have fun with leaf duty. Pancakes and eggs sounds good.

Bin, I have heard that breastfed babies can take a little longer to give up the jaundice, little miss will get there though. High fives to your wife for nursing the jaundice away.

HopesMom, what a cool thing to do for the Vets Smile Have a blast!

I'm not sure what my plan is today! Most likely I will go run outside later this afternoon. Have a wonderful day everyone.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Coralie - I'm putting marathons on the back burner until 2015, and focusing on improving my performance at the shorter distances.  We're actually pretty lucky in this area to have a good mix of races filled with 15 minute 5K guys and super speedy 10K and 15K guys, but we still have a good number or races where a low 20's time will win a 5K or a mid-to-low 40 will win a 10K.  We even have a handful of smaller half marathons and 15K's.  So, I'm going to hunting around in 2014 for races where I feel I can race shorter distances against people with similar abilities.  It will probably look like I'm hunting for awards, but my goal is to actually improve as a runner, get faster and maybe find some rivals to push me to race my best.  I think long-term it will benefit me when I return to the bigger races.  In the short term, I think it will be a lot of fun and allow me to race a little more frequently.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Robert31320

Team TJ

Good morning everyone.

i'm taking my second consecutive rest day.  My feet are far less sore today so my plan is to get black to running Tuesday morning.  Finishing my first half has re-ignited my running desire.

As for my yearly miles goal, as of today I'm 191 miles from my goal.  I don't think I'll quite make it but I plan to give it hell through the end of the year!

Running for TJ because he can't.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens.

Happy Veterans Day.  Today was the first day in maybe six months that I stayed in bed past 6:00. SRD for me but both DDs have practices later.  There were some outstanding RRs posted yesterday.  Smile

Enjoy.

SheCan

G'morning everyone!

Hi early obie!  Good luck with your miles.

Dave!  Hey ya!  Sounds like you're having a blast with the trails.  They're definitely my favorite way of running.

Awood-- no need to rush.  Do the miles if you feel up for them, otherwise take it easy.  As well as you trained though, I'm not surprised you're recuperating so quickly.

Lauren, enjoy your day off!

PAD-- BRRRrrr!

Mitch-- LOL, yup, complaining is what we do.  Haven't read your RR, but I will as soon as I have time.  Rest that foot, and hope you're not limping too much.

Docket-- Docket takes rest days????? Noooo, it can't be!

Tracilynn- dang, it sounds like the bottom is gonna drop outta the thermometer.  At least the cool weather will be nice to run in.

Gus-- great job on the miles.  Enjoy doing your projects today.

Bin-- Good job on the miles.  Glad baby girl is doing better.  Hope we get more pics when you can put them up.

HsM-- enjoy your crazy week.

Phillie-- ugh @ packing up for the move.  They shoulda at least gave you the day off today.

Hey Coralie!!!

Robert-- glad the HM got you all revved up and excited about running again!

Jack-- sleeping past 6 is sleeping in?   What time do you go to bed anyway?

Today got in just under 4 easy recovery miles.  Seems like these short run days I have so much more time!  I'm going to try to get to some of the RR today.  Hope everyone has a great Vets day!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Zelanie

Good morning!  I have today off, which is great since I have a lot that I need to catch up on.  Less than two weeks until my HM now!  Yikes!  Making up my own plan as I go has been great, now I guess I need to make up my own taper.

obie- Looking up the winter running contest, it looks like the person who organized it last year hasn't been around in a while.  So I don't know if it's a go for this year.

D2- Don't let day 1 of that plan lure you into a false sense of security, hehe!

Awood- I bet you're going to have a great week this week!

Lauren- Sounds like a lovely day!

PAD- Sounds like shopping is in order!

Mitch- Hope that the rest does its thing!

D- You've earned that RD!

Traci- Enjoy the RD!

Gustav- Nice job on the miles!

Bin- Glad DD continues to improve!

HsM- Sounds like a great week!

Jimmy- Hoping the rest does its thing!

Margo- Ugh, packing!  Good luck!

Coralie- Good luck getting outside to run!

Robert- Congrats on your half!  Glad you're feeling less sore. Smile

Jack- Glad you got to sleep in finally.

Cherie- I agree, but more time at home means more time to snack for me, unfortunately!

obiebyke

I got my 3.1 in. Is it weird that I feel, like, creakier running in the cold? The thermostat on my handy computer says it's 23 degrees out there, and there was a stiff breeze.

Glad you got a bit of a rest, Jack.

So may congrats on your race, Coralie.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

on my way to badass

Happy Veterans Day!

I got 4 miles in today in intervals, doing speed work.  I'm on track for a 36 min 5k in a few weeks.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

Bin Running

Oh ya.. celebrated DS 3rd birthday last weekend... He's a big iron man fan.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Cool cake!

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013