Beginners and Beyond

Saturdays are Funky Cold DAILIESna (Read 36 times)

sdWhiskers

Also a 7 day total of 61 miles! No wonder I dont feel fresh

RunningOnSand

You should also ensure your socks don't have a hole in them, just in case. 

LOL Big grin

RunningOnSand

Speaking of wet, I ran 8 in my new 1/4 zip wool top and came back DRENCHED!

Wut?! Your wool 1/4 zip isn't doing its job! 

RunningOnSand

After 6 months of mostly mocking me, my watch indicated after my run today that my VO2 value increased for the first time since back in June ( now at 53). Not that I take much stock in anything the stupid thing shows, but it beats being told I suck for weeks and months on end...

LOL, classically, after your goal race. Oh those damn watches.

RunningOnSand

20 miles! with 4-3-2-1 at 9:30 down to 9:10 pace (MP=9:20?). RP bailed last night so I was on my own. Temp was 54 at the start and 64 at the end so perfect, although I could have used a cloud or two. Overall, wasn't horrible and also not amazing. I hit all the paces but it definitely took more effort than I would have liked. That means I'm doing it right?

I finally went and got a grand piano for the house (and for me). I am so rusty but OMG I bought a beauty. Pics later.

You're both doing it right. 

RunningOnSand

I only have the flyout vest. I like it

DavePNW

That’s like uncharted territory for you, is it not?

5 miles squeezed in before the rains come.

Dave

LRB

Wut?! Your wool 1/4 zip isn't doing its job! 

A little too well it seems. It was sunny and I got hot under it. At 26 degrees (30 at the finish) I usually run in a long sleeve tech top with a singlet underneath it. I wanted to see what would happen in those conditions though so no biggie.

sdWhiskers

That’s like uncharted territory for you, is it not?

Yes, mon-sun has been 50-54. LR is usually Sat but HM was sunday last week.

And I am constantly hungry. Came home this morning to a stack of green chocolate chip pancakes, as requested by the kid. I'll eat anything after 20 miles.

Cyberic

A little too well it seems. It was sunny and I got hot under it. At 26 degrees (30 at the finish) I usually run in a long sleeve tech top with a singlet underneath it. I wanted to see what would happen in those conditions though so no biggie.

Ah! But wool is supposedly magical and keeps you warm when it's cold and keeps you cool when it's warm. It's kind of a smart magical fabric! 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Waiting for Ford v Ferrari to begin. Hubby wanted Charlie’s Angels, Baboon, but I prevailed. Big grin

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yes, mon-sun has been 50-54. LR is usually Sat but HM was sunday last week.

And I am constantly hungry. Came home this morning to a stack of green chocolate chip pancakes, as requested by the kid. I'll eat anything after 20 miles.

Nice mileage. Can’t wait to get back to that.

Damaris

LRB

Ah! But wool is supposedly magical and keeps you warm when it's cold and keeps you cool when it's warm. It's kind of a smart magical fabric! 

It's not looking good...

LRB

LOL, classically, after your goal race. Oh those damn watches.

It's got an odd sense of humor that's for sure.

Other than feeling like my breathing feeling out of whack though, my legs feel great.

Cyberic

about the mileage, and about not feeling fresh, that's the price to pay.