Beginners and Beyond

Hello Thursdailies (Read 32 times)

4.25 easy-easy.

I do 99% of the laundry (I'm the queen of getting stuff out that you didn't think would ever come out), but the last year or so hubs realized just how much folding it really was--children make a redonkulous amount of laundry.  Now he helps if he happens to be there.  Naturally, I now schedule folding for when he happens to be there.  And like DaveP, I do not believe in anything that has to be treated super special, I put almost everything in the dryer on medium.  Except my daughter's school uniform skirts--I hang those bitches so I don't have to iron them.  Because ironing is something I refuse to do.

The dogs.  Noodle is pretty damn cute.  And Bloo!!  Those eyes!  After reading about the sensitive nature of the GH though, we need to not ever get one.  Poor thing would be traumatized I'm sure.  I love the happy-go-lucky-doofus lab personality.  Not much gets them down.

ETA: Shorti, those are some adorable dogs!  Except when they're biting crotches, in which case, effective more than cute.

sdWhiskers

And like DaveP, I do not believe in anything that has to be treated super special, I put almost everything in the dryer on medium. 

I still remember the day that I realized I could just throw everything in the washer together... no need to separate colors, darks, whites, etc. It was life changing! Don't tell my mother though

RunningOnSand

4.25 easy-easy.

I do 99% of the laundry (I'm the queen of getting stuff out that you didn't think would ever come out), but the last year or so hubs realized just how much folding it really was--children make a redonkulous amount of laundry.  Now he helps if he happens to be there.  Naturally, I now schedule folding for when he happens to be there.  And like DaveP, I do not believe in anything that has to be treated super special, I put almost everything in the dryer on medium.  Except my daughter's school uniform skirts--I hang those bitches so I don't have to iron them.  Because ironing is something I refuse to do.

The dogs.  Noodle is pretty damn cute.  And Bloo!!  Those eyes!  After reading about the sensitive nature of the GH though, we need to not ever get one.  Poor thing would be traumatized I'm sure.  I love the happy-go-lucky-doofus lab personality.  Not much gets them down.

ETA: Shorti, those are some adorable dogs!  Except when they're biting crotches, in which case, effective more than cute.

Please share with us your expertise on getting out stains. What do you use?

I hang dry all my workout gear. I'm terrified not to. Unless it's from Oiselle, in which case they say to throw it in the dryer, so I do.

FreeSoul, Monumental!!!!!! I had a great race there last year. I hope you enjoy it!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Please share with us your expertise on getting out stains. What do you use?

I hang dry all my workout gear. I'm terrified not to. Unless it's from Oiselle, in which case they say to throw it in the dryer, so I do.

FreeSoul, Monumental!!!!!! I had a great race there last year. I hope you enjoy it!

it was my first marathon, in 2014 and I made myself sick lol. I panicked at mile 3 and started fueling too soon or something and from mile 14 to mile 23 I was sick to my stomach. Since then I've done 2 trail marathons and I'm hoping this year I can make it without getting sick lol

And my mom separates EVERYTHING.... it kills her when I tell her I just throw my towels, jeans, running/workout clothes in with the socks and underwear......... just kills her lol

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Half Crazy K 2.0

Rest day. I am sore. My knee hurts, going downstairs is the worst.I must have caught myself, because my upper body aches--the bright side is that I must have ok reflexes & upper body strength since my face didn't hit the pavement. I'm registered for a 5 on Saturday, I'm thinking that isn't gonna happen. If walking down steps hurts, I'm sure the 200 foot drop in mile 2 will be awful.

I do separate out laundry a bit. I wash a lot of running & work stuff in cold water, there's other stuff I use hot.

LRB

You need to set an alarm on your phone for your normal getting home time tonight to remind yourself to throw it away.

I actually did this but just remembered I'm wearing a sock with a big ass hole in it, despite being home for 35 minutes. lol

LRB

I'm a laundry snob. My ex would stuff ten laundry baskets worth of shit into a single load if they would fit. Denim, cotton, polyester, silk, didn't matter. All of which was balled and twisted the F up. I lost count of how many times the machine would stop because it was unbalanced. There was no rhyme or reason for any of it other than to wash as much shit at once as possible. Once done, into the dryer it all got stuffed and set to high heat to run until someone bothered to check it. But through it all I never knocked it. Instead, I had my own laundry baskets and washed and dried my own stuff.

I do not use a dryer for anything other than to knock wrinkles out of my jeans, slacks or certain dress shirts, which are still damp when I remove them. Most of my loads are light to keep the clothes from wrinkling unnecessarily. Admittedly, I probably () take it a bit overboard (I fold my dirty clothes for fucks sake) but it's one area where I am Super Anal.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I barely made it to 3 last night outside and it was full of winded breaths and coughing.  So, I wasn't expecting much today at the office gym.  6 miles later...

It was the first great run in four weeks.

Damaris

KCRuns

I fold my dirty clothes for fucks sake

I have to ask, WHY?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I have to ask, WHY?

+1

Damaris

LRB

Not literally, I meant I don't just cram my clothes in a basket with pant legs and socks inside out and shirts twisted and all balled the hell up. I treat my dirty clothes like I treat my clean clothes; like they cost money.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

My INKnBURN is very valuable (last set I sold on ebay went for $700!) but I don't treat the dirty ones as nice as you.

Damaris

RunningOnSand

Marvel Freaks--I need your recommendations. Per the inter-webs, there seems to be some discrepancies on which order to watch them.

This website suggests this order:

1. Captain America: The First Avenger – This movie essentially introduces the concept of superheroes and takes place decades before any other movie. Watch it first.
                            2. Iron Man
                            3. Iron Man 2
                            4. The Incredible Hulk (could skip)
                            5. Thor
                            6. The Avengers
                            7. Iron Man 3
                            8. Thor: The Dark World
                            9. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
                            10. Guardians of the Galaxy
                            11. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
                            12. Avengers: Age of Ultron
                            13. Ant-Man
                            14. Doctor Strange
                            15. Captain America: Civil War
                            16. Spider-Man: Homecoming
                            17. Thor: Ragnarok
                            18. Black Panther
                            19. Avengers: Infinity War
                            20. Ant-Man and the Wasp (could skip) – This movie takes place before Avengers: Infinity War, but you should watch it after because of the post-credits scene.

And yet this website suggests this order:

So, here is the Spaghetti Order:

• Iron Man (2008)
                            • The Incredible Hulk (2008)
                            • Iron Man 2 (2010)
                            • Thor (2011)
                            • Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)
                            • The Avengers (2012)
                            • Iron Man 3 (2013)
                            • Thor: The Dark World (2013)
                            • Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
                            • Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017)
                            • Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)
                            • Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)
                            • Ant-Man (2015)
                            • Captain America: Civil War (2016)
                            • Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)
                            • Black Panther (2018)
                            • Doctor Strange (2016)
                            • Thor: Ragnarok (2017)
                            • Avengers: Infinity War (2018)
                            • Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018)

And there are more. Halp.

KCRuns

My INKnBURN is very valuable (last set I sold on ebay went for $700!) but I don't treat the dirty ones as nice as you.

Holy smokes! What sold for that much? I might now be willing to part with a few pieces.

DavePNW

(I fold my dirty clothes for fucks sake) 

Ha, so, I sort of do this. I take my folding pretty seriously, and I am better at it than DW. Over 25 years of marriage, I have learned to be a little more laid back about it. But still - the better you fold, the less wrinkly it ends up, and the more you can fit in your drawers. Or suitcase - this is sort of where the dirty clothes folding comes in. I'm not so meticulous about it, but it's not crumpled in a ball, because how is it going to fit back in your suitcase? And to a lesser degree the laundry hamper, to be able to get more stuff in there.

Dave