Beginners and Beyond

Friday Penguins (Read 7 times)

GinnyinPA

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

GinnyinPA

I woke up at 4 a.m. and never managed to get back to sleep. I got up at 6, read a book, ate breakfast and second breakfast (an apple) and am now ready for lunch and a nap. I have a lot of stuff to do today, but have no idea how much will actually get done.

Singer who runs a smidge

Good morning, Friday Penguins!!  We leave on Sunday for my conference, so this is my last working day.  I have a ton of stuff to get done today, so I'm feeling the urgency a little more than yesterday.  Woo-hoo!!

Ginny -- sorry about the lack of sleep!!  I would totally want a nap too!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I woke up around the same time with one of my ovaries in pain, so I definitely could not get back to sleep.  I already had one coffee, more might be needed.  Pilates and 7 tonight.

Ginny, try to get a nap.

HopesMom, hoping the work day is not too crazy and have fun on your conference!

Damaris

Singer who runs a smidge

Y'all should've called each other and commiserated!! 

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

GinnyinPA

D - I thought they removed your ovaries. Is this the same pain you had a couple of years ago?

HM - is this a singing conference or a work conference?

AFM:  I got the house mostly cleaned, laundry finished, and  helped finish mowing the lawn. I was intending to run a 5k this evening, but I'm not sure I still care. I could just do it as a fun run, but I haven't decided yet whether it's worth the money and the effort. Maybe dinner will give me some energy. (The race isn't until 8:00 so I can eat first.)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I had a tota hysterectomy, which leaves the ovaries (confusing, I know). And no. Just painful due to exercise. Maybe running does make your ovaries die?

just stay home. I am aso not caring about my run after Pilates.

Damaris

GinnyinPA

I didn't go to the race. I did end up doing 6 on the TM before dinner though. By the end I was even halfway awake.