Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES have a message... (Read 36 times)

Zelanie

Yes.  And if you collect 10 stars you can redeem them for a pack of cucumber mint Gu's.

But I want salted caramel!

onemile

But I want salted caramel!

Fine. I will throw in a few of those too!

Zelanie

Fine. I will throw in a few of those too!

Yay!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Another blistering cold morning tomorrow, then hopefully the weather will be getting warmer. I've got a month and 1 day before the LBL marathon, I've got 2 more weekends to get a 20 miler or 2 in before taper... somewhat nicer weather would be delightful.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Cyberic

You mean -20C right? Which is -4*F.  I haven't run below 0F before.

That was my problem last night. My torso was sweating and wet and that made me cold. And then my legs were just cold because I didn't have enough layers on bottom.

Saturday morning, the temperature will be -26 C (-15* F) with 15 MPH winds, so at least -20* F, but more like -25* F - ish.

I have run in colder than that the past two winters. It's not what I would call fun, but I get it done.

onemile

Saturday morning, the temperature will be -26 C (-15* F) with 15 MPH winds, so at least -20* F, but more like -25* F - ish.

I have run in colder than that the past two winters. It's not what I would call fun, but I get it done.

See, I would choose the indoor track. I've run up to 16 miles there because it is much more pleasant to me than running in those temps.

LRB

See, I would choose the indoor track. I've run up to 16 miles there because it is much more pleasant to me than running in those temps.

I agree, but that's after running in that nonsense enough to not want any parts of it. Eric is either not there yet, or just tolerates the extremes better.

Cyberic

I agree, but that's after running in that nonsense enough to not want any parts of it. Eric is either not there yet, or just tolerates the extremes better.

I run at the indoor track enough to be sick of it. I prefer running outside, even if it's cold, when I can. Plus, I like to tough things out.

DavePNW

I run at the indoor track enough to be sick of it. I prefer running outside, even if it's cold, when I can. Plus, I like to tough things out.

Long runs on the treadmill are the ultimate in toughing it out, IMHO.

Dave