Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #112 (Read 29 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

The Marlins too.

Damaris

LRB

There was also talk about 1 neutral site for all games & essentially keeping teams isolated and lots of testing. I can't imagine that will go over well.

If baseball comes back, the Orioles have social distancing down.

The Pres has been the most vocal about the NFL more than any other sport, so if there to be a litmus test of if it can work, I expect it would be them to try it.

sdWhiskers

It is an interesting question that may answer itself in the coming weeks depending on what happens with this partial opening in 4 states or however many there are (GA, FL, SC, TX that I know of).

You mean after the outbreak hits those states hard in a few weeks?

sdWhiskers

30 min strength training on lower body. Oof that's rough after running hard this morning.

LRB

From what the data/curve suggests one would think so, but in the interest of stranger shit has happened, I suppose leaving open the possibility that it might work is prudent, lest we get egg on our face, which is worse than a palm.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

This is me reading about those states opening:

Damaris

LRB

I just ordered 204 rolls of name brand TP at the regular price from Walmart online, which I know many don't shop at so I'll check Target for those folks...

sdWhiskers

I just ordered 204 rolls of name brand TP at the regular price from Walmart online, which I know many don't shop at so I'll check Target for those folks...

Do you mean 24 rolls??

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Do you mean 24 rolls??

I sure hope so. If not, his worth shoot up to $1 billion. Forbes, here LRB comes.

Damaris

LRB

Do you mean 24 rolls??

I don't know what I mean! 

They're mega rolls so it skews the actual physical number of rolls you get. 12 come in a package and you're allowed to order 3 packages, so that's what I did.

GinnyinPA

We had high winds today - sustained at 18 and gusting up to 35 mph this afternoon - so I ran on the TM. I did an interval workout: 1, 2, 3, 4, 4, 3, 2, 1 minutes at 5k pace with equal time recoveries, plus 4 x 1 minute at faster than that. 8 miles total.

onemile

I ran 11 with 3x9 min, 1 min recoveries

RunningOnSand

😂😂😂😂

Cyberic

I ran 11 with 3x9 min, 1 min recoveries

Nice! I like the 3x3 in each 9. When I was preparing for my best marathon, my coach at the time had me doing these grueling workouts which were 4x15 minutes (3 to 5 minutes in between) and the similarity with yours is that the 15s were divided in 3x5 and I had pace targets for the 5s. Actually it was not that hard to remember.  Roughly HMP for the first 2 x 15, in the 3rd do the last 5 at 10K pace, the last 15 was at 10K pace, except the last 5 would be leaning towards 5K pace, if I could muster it. I don't think I ever could.

onemile

Nice! I like the 3x3 in each 9. When I was preparing for my best marathon, my coach at the time had me doing these grueling workouts which were 4x15 minutes (3 to 5 minutes in between) and the similarity with yours is that the 15s were divided in 3x5 and I had pace targets for the 5s. Actually it was not that hard to remember.  Roughly HMP for the first 2 x 15, in the 3rd do the last 5 at 10K pace, the last 15 was at 10K pace, except the last 5 would be leaning towards 5K pace, if I could muster it. I don't think I ever could.

yeah my coach has a 3x15 minute version he uses (broken up in 5's)  but is making adjustments with no races on the horizon