Beginners and Beyond

Ready, Set; Monday (Read 31 times)

onemile

There used to be a hardcore cyclist on the forums, and to him a sleeveless jersey was a major faux pas. I guess this is a good enough reason why.

how about this? I passed this guy around mile 12 (but he did the whole thing, not just the relay.)  He wore this for the entire event - bike included because I saw him get off the bike

onemile

That's a long day! Is he good with his performance?  Who was the swimmer for your squad, anyone we know?

yeah he ended up right at 19mph and was okay with that - would have liked 20 but he needs to shed some weight and get back in shape. I met the swimmer for the first time Saturday!  he and his wife (who works with Mr O) have done some long (indoor) group training rides last year together.  His wife swam on a competing team (who finished like an hour behind our team).

LRB

how about this? I passed this guy around mile 12 (but he did the whole thing, not just the relay.)  He wore this for the entire event - bike included because I saw him get off the bike

I gotta deduct a half point for the length of those socks. 

sdWhiskers

I hope his sunscreen didn't sweat off. Burning your ass is no fun.

LRB

MrWhiskers has been swimming at an outdoor lap pool for the past few weeks. The tan on his shaved head is pretty hysterical (back half is brown and the front half/his face is not). I don't know why he doesn't wear a swim cap.

That's awesome! 😂

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

You don't wear sunscreen?

Sorta, not really. Other than my face which is the only place feeling it, everything else tanned. Usually if I get a good burn at the beginning of summer, that'll be it and I just tan.

I didn't put anything on my face early on, then DH put some on my face later, it was too late at that point.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

Sorta, not really. Other than my face which is the only place feeling it, everything else tanned. Usually if I get a good burn at the beginning of summer, that'll be it and I just tan.

I didn't put anything on my face early on, then DH put some on my face later, it was too late at that point.

Or maybe he used liquid sunburn. 

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Or maybe he used liquid sunburn. 

Lol no, he used what I had purchased, which sadly was actually a bronzer with some sunblock stuff in it... 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

My friend is 70+ and does all his tris in a blue Speedo.  We call him Papa Smurf.  He looks great in it.

Damaris

From the Internet.

Just a hair over 7 miles easy and it wasn't miserably hot - running in swamp and sun for the last few days will do that I guess, lol. Right around 80 by the time I got out the door today, but with plenty of shade and a dew point in the mid 50s it felt like a dream!

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Busy weekend to Vermont and back where the internet connection at my motel was sketchy at best and nonexistent at my race on the local HS track, so I was basically out of touch with the world.  Saw five course records set, men's and women's 24-hour and 12-hour, and women's 6-hour. The only record that wasn't broken was the men's 6-hour, all that in spite of the heat.  I enjoyed myself and took a break after reaching 20 miles in the 6-hour before getting back on the track to run an additional 2.6061 miles.

Bib and fleece half-zip pullover

Me running

Finisher's medal

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Cyberic

Cool, George

Cyberic

I gotta deduct a half point for the length of those socks. 

lol

Half Crazy K 2.0

Onemile, did the tri guy want to lessen his tan lines? I think if I was running in that little, I'd go with a wrist HRM.

sdWhiskers

Busy weekend to Vermont and back where the internet connection at my motel was sketchy at best and nonexistent at my race on the local HS track, so I was basically out of touch with the world.  Saw five course records set, men's and women's 24-hour and 12-hour, and women's 6-hour. The only record that wasn't broken was the men's 6-hour, all that in spite of the heat.  I enjoyed myself and took a break after reaching 20 miles in the 6-hour before getting back on the track to run an additional 2.6061 miles.

That's pretty cool! How does your 20.6061 miles compare to similar events that you've done? What was the men's 6 h record?

If I ever do an ultra, it might have to be something like this because 1) I'm afraid of getting lost, 2) I like running around other people and 3) easy access to bathrooms.