Beginners and Beyond

(NOT) Toasty-Tuesdailies (Read 39 times)

RunningOnSand

Um, Ore-Ida onion tator tots. 

Now you're talking! Tater tots are my favorite. Dh and I go to this fun restaurant that does the broccoli/cheesy tots (that I know LM would also approve of).

Speaking of,

Welcome back, LM!!! How has your training cycle been for this marathon? How's the dog?

Cyber, the toe box seems to be a bit more snug than in other shoes--not as much wiggle room. So IDK how they'll fit you. Hoping they fit you well.

Docket, I also love mayo-ketchup. So, so good.

KC, I had no idea an air-fryer could help with them. See, my problem is I can never make them *just right*. So I end up buying another brand, b/c I don't think Ore-Ida is as good, even though they're the potato masters.

Hi Dave!!  I miss you!  Get on Insta already!

Gonna stick around here for a little while? At least through your marathon pls, tyvm.

Sorry I have no IG account, I only go there to sometimes to check out my son's page, so I have some idea what he's doing.

Dave

Cyber, the toe box seems to be a bit more snug than in other shoes--not as much wiggle room. So IDK how they'll fit you. Hoping they fit you well.

I like a pretty roomy toebox too. I tried the Brooks Hyperion which is a super lightweight racing shoe, and I loved them, it was like wearing socks. But after a short test run I felt some tightness in the forefoot, and knew it wasn't going to work out long term. Anyway, there's my excuse for not dropping the 250.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

Strength training.

For a twist on tater tots, try dousing them in sweet Thai chili sauce. We got them like that in LA. I can't remember the name of the place, it's one of restaurants/bar that claims to have invented the French dip.

Lawyermom, welcome back!

workinprogress11

I might have to try these Nike supershoes once I can actually run again. I did jog VERY slowly for 1.5 miles today alternating with 1.5 miles of walking. My foot is a little sore, but nothing unreasonable. Fingers are crossed.

sdWhiskers

Mmmmm tater tots

Hiya LM! Enjoying this arctic socal weather for taper?!

7 miles with 6 x 2:30 hill/ jog down. I had no caffeine today so I feel like a whiny bitch. Shockingly,  I felt strong throughout the run.

GinnyinPA

The sidewalks are pretty screwed up here so I'm waiting one more day to see if the rains clean them up a bit. If it rains as much as they're forecasting, they just might.

That's what I'm hoping. Two days of 40+degrees and rain should mean that some of the snow will get washed away.

KCRuns

KC, I had no idea an air-fryer could help with them. See, my problem is I can never make them *just right*. So I end up buying another brand, b/c I don't think Ore-Ida is as good, even though they're the potato masters.

I think the air fryer makes a huge difference! A little spritz of olive oil cooking spray is all they need for perfection. The same is true for other foods that are typically fried or baked crispy.

RunningOnSand

I think the air fryer makes a huge difference! A little spritz of olive oil cooking spray is all they need for perfection. The same is true for other foods that are typically fried or baked crispy.

Hmm, I may investigate.

Whiskers, I wouldn’t just feel like a whiny bitch w/o coffee (my only form of caffeine), I WOULD be a whiny bitch. Nice run.

HC, I am literally drooling at the thought. Do you do this while they’re in the oven, or after like a dip?

WIP, nice!!! That is awesome news!!!

Half Crazy K 2.0

ROS, I do it as a dip after. DH takes the tots, throws them in a bowl & shakes them around with the sauce. Either way works well.