Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES are onward and upward (Read 39 times)

LRB

I just wait til I get home and...

And my head would explode. lol 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

It doesn't upload it until you press Save. You don't press Save until you are done

Interesting.  My first Garmin used the sticky thingie (ANT+) and would upload your workout even if not saved if it got within range.  Thought it was the same on the Bluetooth based on that experience.

Damaris

onemile

And my head would explode. lol 

I am only anxious to check my splits after a race. Otherwise I can wait, and for easy runs I rarely even look at it but to record which shoe I used

LRB

To get text/email notifications, you have to carry your phone with you right?

Yes. I don't run with my phone though and don't typically wear my Garmin when not running. I just have been a couple few times lately because I actually like the watch.

No more marathons

To get text/email notifications, you have to carry your phone with you right?

Yeah, and I don't carry my phone with me on runs.

But at work I keep my phone in my pocket with all sound and vibration off.  If I get a text message or a phone call my watch will vibrate.  So it's not as disrupting in the work place.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

What do the text/email notifications notify you of?

Dave

onemile

What do the text/email notifications notify you of?

that you got a new text or email 

No more marathons

And I can even read the text and e-mail on my watch.  

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

So, basically like an Apple watch? Yeah no thanks. Like LRB - I don't wear it when not running, and I don't want any alerts while running.

Dave

LRB

And I can even read the text and e-mail on my watch.  

The 630 doesn't do that. 

It's cool that I don't have to look at my phone to see who is bothering me. Especially at work or while driving.

LRB

So, basically like an Apple watch? Yeah no thanks. Like LRB - I don't wear it when not running, and I don't want any alerts while running.

But it also controls your audio player...oh wait. 

Zelanie

I usually don't have my phone while running, but wear my watch throughout the day for the notifications. I had to turn off Facebook notifications, though, because that was out of control. I get short texts right to the watch screen, otherwise it just says who it's from.

Had to watch out once when I was at a training and talking shit about the session via text with somebody else who was there, and their replies were coming to my watch screen. 

that is just way too much connectivity.

Dave

LRB

And get off your lawn? lol 

Cyberic

The frequency at which I send and recieve text messages and phone calls, my watch's notifications would stay blank for weeks.

I received an Advent Calendar from the woman and the kids: they bought 25 different beer bottles, wrapped them all individually, and numbered them 1 to 25. I'm drinking #1 right now. My usual session IPA, which is also a joke (my usual beer, I already have some in the fridge). Starting tomorrow, and until Christmas, I'll be drinking a surprise beer every evening.  I love my gift!

Pleasant Ridge, Dave, are you jealous?