Beginners and Beyond

Fridailies (Read 23 times)

DavePNW

5.5 miles.

Dave

Cyberic

10 for me

Half Crazy K 2.0

6 miles. Got it done before the heavier rain came.

The Mizuno Wave Rider 25 is out. It is interesting. I feel like if I got these, I'd have the run a 4th of July run.

Baboon

delicate flower

Hello Friday people up here in this HIZZIE!  I ran 8 miles on the track this morning....the first four miles were a frustrating shitfest, then my legs magically woke up and I ran much better the second half of the run.  I'll be going for an outdoor ride after work.  Training has not been great this week, between life getting in the way of my workouts and a mid-week heat wave killing my paces, but things are getting back to normal now.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning. I am off today so I slept in. Massage this afternoon and then 4 miles.

Damaris

LRB

The Mizuno Wave Rider 25 is out. It is interesting. I feel like if I got these, I'd have the run a 4th of July run.

USA themed colorways are usually gaudy and not something I would wear but those are clean. 👍

sdWhiskers

6 easy miles. 54 degrees at the start 

No meetings on the calendar today. Happy Friday!

Baboon

delicate flower

No meetings on the calendar today. Happy Friday!

I had one meeting today and that is now done.  It was a staff meeting that I had postponed twice earlier this week on account of a new roof being installed on my house.  Waaaaaay too much friggin noise for that!  The roof was originally supposed to be done in its entirety Monday.  Then it was Tuesday because the shingles' delivery was delayed.  Then there were installation delays both Tuesday and Wednesday due to heat and rain, and then they finally finished yesterday.  Oy.  But, the roof looks great and they did a thorough cleanup when they finished.

<3

LRB

6 easy miles. 54 degrees at the start 

AKA parka, mittens and boot weather in Southern California. lol

LRB

I ran 5.

30 mins pool mix.  Got a very active ‘string thing’ in the right ham going on in the right leg this morning, running from the groin to the inside notch of the knee and into the calf a bit.  Doesn’t hurt, but definitely has my attention as it itches!  Wasn’t there during or after yesterday’s run nor last night, but has been really itchy since I got up at 5 this morning and it driving me nuts!

Tomorrow was to be a complete off days as I work and the pools aren’t open early…I may change that and run some dirt bumps.

sdWhiskers

and they did a thorough cleanup when they finished.

We thought the same thing when ours was done several years ago. All 3 people in my house have gotten huge roofing nails through our shoes since then  They did a good job of clearing the nails from the yard using magnets but not from other areas like flower beds and around bushes.

sdWhiskers

AKA parka, mittens and boot weather in Southern California. lol

Ha and it's the truth! When I leave to run around 530am, I am the only person out there with shorts and no jacket or knit hat.

sdWhiskers

To Dave and Onemile (and anyone else who has bought a custom McMillan plan):

Are the workouts pretty varied?

Are paces provided or is it just intervals at 5K or HMP but not actual paces?

Is the plan designed by a human from his team or just some computer algorithm based on your data?

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

kind of cool but would take some getting used to. I haven't had a white pair of shoes in years.

mizuno wave rider and wave shadow (and Saucony Kinvara recently) has been my go to shoes forever. For whatever reason, they just seem to fit well. I have an older model wave rider about to enter the shoe rotation.