Beginners and Beyond

Penguin's Oscar WeekendDailies (Read 22 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

No snow here. 3.5 on the streets, but my calf was kind of achy/tight.  Maybe I need a dry needle?

tracilynn

10.3 miles done. Extra .3 cause I misjudged.  The rain held off until the  last 1/2 mile then total downpour.  It was nice though. Not too cold. Last few miles faster and The last mile was my fastest and was almost at 5k pace   icing my shin now and I prob need some needles too.

~~~~~~~

Traci

hog4life

10.3 miles done. Extra .3 cause I misjudged.  The rain held off until the  last 1/2 mile then total downpour.  It was nice though. Not too cold. Last few miles faster and The last mile was my fastest and was almost at 5k pace   icing my shin now and I prob need some needles too.

You are going to do really well at Oak Barrel, I hate that I will miss this with you and Anson

Zelanie

Hello. Hopefully this is my last day in Denver. There was supposed to be a massive snowstorm, and maybe that's what it will be, but it's only just now getting started. I still have a couple of hours to go, so we will see. My flight is listed as on time still. The Southwest flight that leaves later is canceled.

I ran 8 on the TM at the old folks' home where my parents live.  They moved into a new building, so it was a brand new TM too.

Off to find some provisions for the flight. It's like 2 bucks for a can of soda on Frontier!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Better for our team!  Nice job.

Damaris

Brilliant

Happy Sunday, Penguins!

Mitch, hope you got a good run in.

Tracilynn, nice running!

Ginny and Lauren - way to show the treadmill who's boss.

Robert, hope your weather turned out nice & warm.

Zel, safe travels home!

Last night hubby and I went to a dinner with my friend who organizes the charity team I'm running the marathon with.  We must've talked about the race too much, because then last night I had my first ever racing dream.  It was very vivid, with lots of mishaps befalling me to slow me down - couldn't get past slow groups, took a wrong turn, long line at the potties.  I woke up drenched in sweat.  It's going to be a long 3 weeks!

Tempo run for me this morning.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Ran 18 this morning.

Damaris

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens:

Traci and D: Nice runs!

Zel: I hope your flight was ok. Those pics on FB did not look good!

Brill: Good luck on the tempo run. Now is the time when you need to start visualizing your race. Seriously. Get in a zone and picture yourself finishing strong.

AFM: I went out for a little 5 miler to test my ankle tendon thing. The first three miles were great and the last two miles were not. That tells me I need more time off. I did get a new pair of shoes, adidas Boost Supernova, and a pair of compression socks. So I've got that going for me. Now I'm icing and then Costco. Typical day.

GinnyinPA

Brilliant - I hope the tempo went well.  Don't worry about the dream.  The things you worry about are never the problems you have.  Hard to believe you're ready to taper already.

Jerry - have you had problems with the calf before?  They're easy to massage yourself.

Damaris - good job on the 18.  I hope it was still cool down there.

Traci - how's the shin feeling today?

Z - I hope you finally made it home safely.

Today was a beautiful sunny day, around 40 when I headed out.  Snow was melting fast, but the roads weren't too bad, except in a few spots.  My feet mostly stayed dry.  This was a cutback week, so I ran 13.3.  After yesterday's MP miles, plus shoveling this morning and walking Ben, I didn't have a lot of energy.  I was really glad this wasn't a big mileage week.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Brilliant - I hope the tempo went well.  Don't worry about the dream.  The things you worry about are never the problems you have.  Hard to believe you're ready to taper already.

Jerry - have you had problems with the calf before?  They're easy to massage yourself.

Damaris - good job on the 18.  I hope it was still cool down there.

Traci - how's the shin feeling today?

Z - I hope you finally made it home safely.

Today was a beautiful sunny day, around 40 when I headed out.  Snow was melting fast, but the roads weren't too bad, except in a few spots.  My feet mostly stayed dry.  This was a cutback week, so I ran 13.3.  After yesterday's MP miles, plus shoveling this morning and walking Ben, I didn't have a lot of energy.  I was really glad this wasn't a big mileage week.

It was 76F at the end.  Winter is over (this week we will be in the high 80s).  It was probably the last nice run in months.  Nice job on the miles.

Damaris

Robert31320

Team TJ

It's been like spring here today.  After a morning of running TJ to the doctor for an ear infection I managed to get in 3 miles.  I've had quite a bit better week of running and look forward to Monday.

Running for TJ because he can't.

PADRunner

Had to work this morning so I didn't get to run until tonight. Rain & sleet, opted for the TM.

6 done.

tracilynn

3.7 slow sluggish miles done. Zero energy.  It was awful.  My shin hurt badly today too.

I really hope they try the dry needling on my leg tomorrow.

~~~~~~~

Traci

Zelanie

Made it home.  Then had to get up early for an all-day thing today.  Now I am beat.  Was planning to run, but I'm not sure I'll get it done.

Hi guys and gals. Been sorta mia lately. Getting in runs but discouraged with an achey knee. Yesterday 6 miles in mild temps and sunshine. Frigid again today and had to call DH to pick me up after 7.  Seems if I walk when it flares up and stretch my hips I can go on.  Also, if I focus on striding on the balls of my feet, it helps, too. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Just frustrated. Tomorrow I'm off for several check ups (physical, dentist). Supposed to be a rest day, but will spend time on some strengthening exercises.

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K