Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES (Read 38 times)

bluerun

Super B****

Someone got hurt at the climbing gym while I was there today... like, "call 911 and get carried out on a backboard with a neck brace" hurt. I didn't see it happen but I heard it, and it was LOUD. I can't understand how it happened either since she was tied into a rope, and here I always thought I stick to toproping because it's safer than bouldering. Scary.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

bluerun

Super B****

Approximately how many times have you checked the race day forecast? If it's anything less than one thousand then you're probably just dealing with allergies. 

They don't have the hourly forecast available yet and it's making me mad. Maybe I should check the forecast for this weekend's half instead...

I don't doubt you have it in you.

Do I have the right to get taper madness if I'm not registered yet?

chasing the impossible

LRB

They don't have the hourly forecast available yet and it's making me mad. Maybe I should check the forecast for this weekend's half instead...

What happened to Accuweather??

bluerun

Super B****

What happened to Accuweather??

A. It’s no accu(rate), and B. they don’t do hourly forecasts for two weeks hence

chasing the impossible

LRB

A. It’s no accu(rate), and B. they don’t do hourly forecasts for two weeks hence

A. People with taper crazies are not concerned with weather accuracy so B. you don't have taper crazies.

bluerun

Super B****

A. People with taper crazies are not concerned with weather accuracy so B. you don't have taper crazies.

I think Boston 2018 cured me of pre-race weather obsessing, weirdly enough. I’ll still check but I don’t worry about it like I used to. It’s odd how I can be all zen about weather and accept that it will do what it will do, but freak out like a nutcase over other things.

chasing the impossible

LRB

I think Boston 2018 cured me of pre-race weather obsessing, weirdly enough. I’ll still check but I don’t worry about it like I used to. It’s odd how I can be all zen about weather and accept that it will do what it will do, but freak out like a nutcase over other things.

I feel you. 100%. You run the gamut of emotions during marathon race training. I've gone from questioning if I could even endure the training to grandiose dreams of my best race ever to the stark reality that I've perhaps chosen the worst possible course to have arguably my best cycle ever. I'm now dealing with buyer's remorse as I would give anything to be heading west to the Monumental the weekend of November 1st. But then, I said the same thing about New York, and I did give everything. It's why I'm here and that truth is what will see me through to the end. And it will see you through to the end, too.

onemile

the stark reality that I've perhaps chosen the worst possible course to have arguably my best cycle ever. I'm now dealing with buyer's remorse as I would give anything to be heading west to the Monumental the weekend of November 1st. But then, I said the same thing about New York, and I did give everything. It's why I'm here and that truth is what will see me through to the end. And it will see you through to the end, too.

It is definitely not the worst possible course. It really isn't bad - it's not flat but it's not super hilly either. There are a handful of hills, yes. I had a miserable race there but it had zero to do with the course. The excitement of running NEW YORK! will cancel out the first couple hills (the first one being the worst but what they say is true - you don't even notice it with all the excitement- just try to keep the effort easy for it).  5th ave at the end is rough but in what marathon ever is mile 22 not?  The other hills (Bridges) are not bad at all.

bluerun

Super B****

I feel you. 100%. You run the gamut of emotions during marathon race training. I've gone from questioning if I could even endure the training to grandiose dreams of my best race ever to the stark reality that I've perhaps chosen the worst possible course to have arguably my best cycle ever. I'm now dealing with buyer's remorse as I would give anything to be heading west to the Monumental the weekend of November 1st. But then, I said the same thing about New York, and I did give everything. It's why I'm here and that truth is what will see me through to the end. And it will see you through to the end, too.

If you WERE heading to Monumental, you'd probably feel the same way -- wishing you were going to NYC! Not that I've run Monumental (and I never will), but you did make the right choice, because NYCM is an amazing experience, and I say that as someone who only ran it to shut people up because I got sick of having them tell me that. And like onemile says, the course isn't really THAT bad. I think Boston is worse.

chasing the impossible

onemile

I think Boston is worse.

I thought the Boston course was a little easier, but CIM was harder (more hills)

bluerun

Super B****

I thought the Boston course was a little easier, but CIM was harder (more hills)

Really? I've always thought of CIM as a faster course.

I mean, I probably can't fairly compare NYC to Boston since I had perfect weather for the former and abysmal weather for the latter, but still.

chasing the impossible

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

We would expect nothing less from you.

And DAAAAMMMMN, I should've come back to the thread yesterday lol 

It was chicken so poultry, not meat 

And no peaches this time. I'm trying to avoid those jars, they're so freaking delicious that I end up eating the entire thing which I am pretty sure has a total of 5 peaches in them 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

onemile

Really? I've always thought of CIM as a faster course.

I mean, I probably can't fairly compare NYC to Boston since I had perfect weather for the former and abysmal weather for the latter, but still.

CIM has more downhill than uphill but I think it has more uphill than NYC - my friend who has run both said she thinks they are similar in difficulty.  I think CIM can be fast if you are a good downhill runner and can hammer it to make up for the uphills.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I have not run CIM but the LA Marathon is sold as a net downhill and that fucker is hilly!  So, even if it has downhills, the uphill parts can kill you nonetheless.

Damaris

LRB

If you WERE heading to Monumental, you'd probably feel the same way -- wishing you were going to NYC! 

lol