Beginners and Beyond

Sunny Saturdailies (Read 37 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ouch.

Damaris

LRB

67 mile hilly bike ride at 18 mph.  Then a 3 mile brick run at 7:33 pace.  4:15 of good training today, and now I am hurty.  

I crashed today too.  Going about 20 mph I clipped the rear wheel of the guy in front of me.  He was talking to me and swerved into me, but I also should not have been in his plane.  I lost control and went tumbling/sliding (thankfully) into someone's yard.  I chose a good place to crash...soft landing, as these things go.  Crashing at 20 mph is never gentle though.  Just some scrapes, but most important is that the bike is mostly ok (the rear wheel needs to be trued and my brakes need to tightened).  That happened at mile 30, so I dusted off and rode another 47 miles.  Good times.

Good thing you didn't slide across a pile of dung. 

LRB

I ate two thirds of a large pizza. Gosh it was yummy!

Cyberic

I ate two thirds of a large pizza. Gosh it was yummy!

I cooked cod in an indian style sauce, served on a bed of rice. It was very yummy, too!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I cooked cod in an indian style sauce, served on a bed of rice. It was very yummy, too!

Ooh, recipe for that sauce? I love cod (I guess I am pescatarian instead of vegetarian because I eat fish every other week), best fish to cook with.

Damaris

onemile

I ran 5. Cold and windy today.

Cyberic

Ooh, recipe for that sauce? I love cod (I guess I am pescatarian instead of vegetarian because I eat fish every other week), best fish to cook with.

It was not one of the usual sweet sauces I make, but a more spicy one. My english does not include cooking terms, so it's hard for me to explain. But in simple terms: one onion in very small pieces in a frying pan in olive oil, then added garlic, tomato paste, garam musala spice, and 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper. Cooked that for a few minutes, then added 1 cup of chicken broth and I let it cook for, again, a few minutes. In another pan I fried some red sweet peppers (don't know if that is how they're called) and added that to the sauce. In the pepper pan, I fried the cod, then added it to the sauce for a few minutes to soak in the taste of the sauce. The garam musala and the cayenne pepper are the secret here.

Simple, but delicious.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

It was not one of the usual sweet sauces I make, but a more spicy one. My english does not include cooking terms, so it's hard for me to explain. But in simple terms: one onion in very small pieces in a frying pan in olive oil, then added garlic, tomato paste, garam musala spice, and 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper. Cooked that for a few minutes, then added 1 cup of chicken broth and I let it cook for, again, a few minutes. In another pan I fried some red sweet peppers (don't know if that is how they're called) and added that to the sauce. In the pepper pan, I fried the cod, then added it to the sauce for a few minutes to soak in the taste of the sauce. The garam musala and the cayenne pepper are the secret here.

Simple, but delicious.

Thanks!  I have all the ingredients. Will try this soon!

Damaris

Cyberic

I don't know if I fried or cooked the cod (lack of cuisine vocabulary) but the idea was to cook it in a bit of oil to give it some colouring instead of just boiling it in the sauce. Could have been butter instead of oil, too.

The quantities were 1 lb of cod, 1 onion, 1 red sweet pepper, 2 garlic thingies, 1 table spoon tomato paste, 1 tablespoon  garam musala, and 1/4 tea spoon cayenne pepper. Salt and pepper to taste, of course.