Beginners and Beyond

TUESDAILIES (Read 41 times)

LRB

Well, he seemed to think my hip/leg was rotated inward and he adjusted it really hard. I felt a big pop. And he thinks I have some bursitis going on. And also that it will take a few appointments to stick. And if it doesn't he thinks I should have imaging done.

I've had that, so much in fact that I learned how to repair it myself!  The adjustment usually fixed it. Hopefully that is the case for you, too.

Forgive me if I've asked this already (my brain has been preoccupied personally lately), but are you racing this spring?

onemile

I've had that, so much in fact that I learned how to repair it myself!  The adjustment usually fixed it. Hopefully that is the case for you, too.

Forgive me if I've asked this already (my brain has been preoccupied personally lately), but are you racing this spring?

How do you repair it yourself? I actually self diagnosed it before my appt (I could really feel it on my Saturday run) and tried a few exercises on youtube but none seemed to help.  The chiro seemed to think 2 more appts should do it. I'm planning to go back on Thursday.

I just have a 5k and 10k picked out for spring. Both are cheap and I can register last minute.  So if I need to take some time off it's not a huge deal.

onemile

I can actually see that shoulder is 'shorter' than the other side in the mirror and it is quite obvious.

I tried running on the treadmill but I decided it was dumb and quit since I can't run without an altered gait and that knee has started hurting too now

LRB

I can actually see that shoulder is 'shorter' than the other side in the mirror and it is quite obvious.

I tried running on the treadmill but I decided it was dumb and quit since I can't run without an altered gait and that knee has started hurting too now

Damn.

LRB

How do you repair it yourself?

It's a pelvic adjustment. The maneuver(s) is fairly common. If you google it you'll come across a million videos. Not saying that it'll "fix" you just that what you are describing sounds similar to issues found with a pelvic misalignment.

onemile

It's a pelvic adjustment. The maneuver(s) is fairly common. If you google it you'll come across a million videos. Not saying that it'll "fix" you just that what you are describing sounds similar to issues found with a pelvic misalignment.

oh I'm convinced that is what the problem is. I tried three different 'self adjustments' though and it didn't seem to help. I'm going to try to see the chiro again

I just wondered which particular one you did and if it was better than the ones I tried!

Half Crazy K 2.0

3 on the treadmill. No snow here, although I expect it at some point since we cannot have 60 degree winter days without paying for it.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ugh, onemile.  Feel better.

Ran 6 outside.  It was horrid, 70 dewpoint and all.

Damaris

Coastal

Onemile:  Hope the adjustments works.

Did 4 miles on the indoor track tonight.  Just had no zip whatsoever.  Legs were dead.  Didn't sleep very well last night so it probably shouldn't be a surprise.  Sitting here listening to a storm ramp up outside.  Wind is howling.