Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES: So easy, a cave man can do it (Read 45 times)

onemile

FYP.

MTA: last spring I did a marathon but didn't bother planning any races leading up to it. Had all kind of grand ideas for reasonably spaced 5k, 10k & HM this time around. So far, one epic fail, two to go.

I don't argue that.  That is why I am not training for Boston.  Although my "not training" is still more training like than I'd like...

outoftheblue

I was over in the bay area to celebrate my Mom's birthday last night and got in a nice 8.5 miles at easy pace by the ocean.  I love my home  in the Sierra Nevada foothills, but I sure do miss running by the beach.  Heading back to the foothills and farm this afternoon.

Life is good.

Hip Redux

The only thing I have to add to this thread is my driveway.

No AM run, that got replaced by making the snow mountain at the end of my driveway smaller.  Also postponed was reattaching the box, because in a town of 3,265, the other 3,264 figured to be driving past as I attempted to do something that required being in the road.  #grindmygears

Zelanie

I have to say that I'm enjoying this not training for anything approach to track workouts. Show up, run some intervals, no pressure. My friend who is actually training for a marathon beat me on every one, but you know, she is actually trying to get ready for a race instead of just hanging out.

Cyberic

I have to say that I'm enjoying this not training for anything approach to track workouts. Show up, run some intervals, no pressure. My friend who is actually training for a marathon beat me on every one, but you know, she is actually trying to get ready for a race instead of just hanging out.

Not racing often, I'm in that state of mind most of the year with my training. I put a bit of pressure on myself so I improve, but whenever I feel like I should slow down for whatever reason, no pressure of a race coming up.

LRB

If anyone has any goals this month (running or otherwise), feel free to start a thread before the end of it and tell us all about them. 

Half Crazy K 2.0

4.7 with 7 hill sprints. It was actually above freezing. Well, at least for today. I'm done with winter. I hate being cold.

Jay, neat mailbox idea. There are some along one of the roads I run (definitely not rural) that over the years have gotten progressively more sturdy. Some are now elaborate brick bases, which I guess is to make the vandals have to work to destroy them.

LRB

That IS the most boring shoe collection ever, lol

Reminds of his running log before speed work changed him forever.

Hi Dave. 

outoftheblue

I'm enjoying not training for anything right now as well.  For me, it's having the freedom to run all slow and easy miles, and nothing longer than 12 miles.  One day the itch will hit me again, but not yet.

Life is good.

LRB

I want some chocolate!

DavePNW

Reminds of his running log before speed work changed him forever.

Hi Dave. 

Someday I will buy more colorful shoes. Someday.

Dave

LRB

Someday I will run a sub-20:00 in them boring shits and laugh at you all.

FYP

Half Crazy K 2.0

Someday I will buy more colorful shoes. Someday.

Brooks saturation series. Limited edition shoes.I think I like multi-colored bright shoes, but maybe these will ease you into brighter shoes.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

My 9 were done...and so am I.  LOL.

Damaris