Beginners and Beyond

Week 40 Penguins just love people!! (09/29-10/05) (Read 8 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  Today is National Love People Day, so find yourself some people and love them!

My doughnut shop turned out to be closed (it's in the lobby of the local theater, and they apparently closed to sell Hamilton tickets.  Whatever.)  But DH came through with another doughnut shop and equally yummy doughnuts, so that was all good.  I got my corn put up (6 quarts, 2 of which I gave to a friend) and made myself a cake with chocolate icing and Nutella in the middle.  A lovely birthday!

Today is also The Time For Yoga, apparently, so I'm happy to say that I did my yoga this morning as well as biking.  Now I need to go finish my lecture before I have to give it at 4.  Time to get moving, figuratively speaking!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

GinnyinPA

I'm glad you had a good birthday HM. Nice that you were able to do yoga on yoga day.

It's drizzling here. I may take a rest day since we have lots of errands, or I may run later since I need the boost.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  First day in my new office!  I have 6 miles tonight.

Moving the cats was an ordeal but they behaved pretty well once on the road.  But before we left, they locked themselves into the van and also opened windows and escaped.  Little bastards.  LOL.

Damaris

Singer who runs a smidge

Congrats, Docket!!  Yeah, when my folks moved across town, we had issues moving their cats too.  One did ok, the other escaped never to be seen again.  We think he made it back to the old homestead and found shelter in the old barn and lots of vermin to eat.  At least there was a possible sighting there, and it made us happy to think of him there.

Yoga and biking done.  Possible walk later if the timing works out -- my day is pretty well booked.  Woo-hoo!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Wow, that would've put me in the looney bin since I can't live without them, ha!  That was my main fear.

RD for me today.

Damaris

Singer who runs a smidge

So, Docket, how did day 1 go?

I got yoga and biking done this morning, waiting now on folks to show up and root around in my ceiling looking at my HVAC.  Then a guy is going to show up to run samples, and then hopefully this afternoon I can try out some technology for my class -- I've not been able to hook my laptop into the classroom projector, and if I can't have notes in my ppt slideshow, I forget to say stuff.  So DH suggested some stuff, and I'm hoping the room is free so I can try them out.  Quartet rehearsal tonight!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have an RD or 7 tonight.  Movers are coming today.

HopesMom, great.  Not much to do yet as I'm not admitted in the bankruptcy court here (it will only take a few days) but I got my first two cases to start soon. Smile  Everybody here is great.  Commute is slightly less than Miami but longer distance so it's much nicer.  good luck with the AC.

Damaris

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, y'all!  I'm currently having a battle with my dentist's office.  I schedule my cleaning and DH's at the same time, so that we can ride together.  It's supposed to be next Wednesday at 11, we scheduled these appointments six months ago.  Now I'm hearing that the hygienist made an oopsie and forgot to give herself a lunch break that day.  So they want to move me to 8 AM.  I don't schedule appointments that early, because I will not make them on time.  So I said that won't work.  They want to move me to a different day.  Too late, I've already scheduled a sick day that day and I can't get that time back.  If I take a sick day without actually being sick or having doctor appointments, that's kind of a no-no.  So I want the appointment I asked for six months ago, please move someone else.  "Well, she doesn't have any other patients to move, and she doesn't have any time for lunch that day."  Um, why is this my problem?  And why am I the one patient she can move?  No thanks.  Work something else out.

So they're now trying to shuffle things, I guess, and they'll call me back.  Shuffle another patient from a different hygienist and put me in their 11:00 slot.  Tell the hygienist it's a tough gig, but make your schedule correctly next time.  Suddenly discover that it is, indeed, possible to move one of her other patients.  I don't much care, but I must have my appointment that day, I will not come at 8:00 AM, and my husband and I come at the same time.

That's what we asked for six months ago.

So yeah, I'm kind of bitchy this morning.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Movers came so I took my RD.  It was nice to have slept in my own bed.  Cats I am sure agree.

I have 7 with 2 X 1 @ 10K and 4 X 400m @ 5K tonight.  Since it won't be as hot as the past few days, I'll try them outside.

HopesMom, Grrrr, I hate when that happens.

Damaris

Singer who runs a smidge

Docket, so glad you have your furniture!!  When DH and I moved from WA to VA, we hired some skeevy moving company (my fault) and it was over a week after our arrival that our furniture finally got there.  Mostly, anyway -- they seemed to have lost DH's office chair mat.  Anyway, we had luckily packed camping gear and had just camped out in our rental house until the furniture arrived.

Yesterday was head-bangingly frustrating, on several fronts.  Today is better.

For one thing, DH got a message that my dentist appointment remains at 11:40.  Good news!

Yoga and biking done today.  And a high of 74 instead of mid-90's, so woo-hoo!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

So far, some glass stuff has broken (hubby's fault) but so far as I tell everything made it. We shall see. The guys were really nice and my dad and them were BFFs by the end of the day.

Glad you were able to do yoga and bike.

Damaris