Beginners and Beyond

MONDAILIES. Feh. (Read 45 times)

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Didn't get my AM run in until noon.  90F Bright sun... bleh...

AM

4 miles easy (wasn't so easy...)

Body is in the doldrums with the change in weather,

StepbyStep-SH

Hello, all!

10.15 miles this morning with 2 miles of "real" trails and 2 miles of crushed rock bike path with hills. Beautiful conditions. And the good news is that the scale today gave me a reading of 1.2 pounds less than Friday morning. I'll weigh in again Thursday or Friday to see whether it is a fluke or a trend.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Mmmmm...beer

It's ok to take a rest day, it's ok to take a rest day, it's ok to take a rest day. Smile

Skipped my run this morning, told myself I'd run after work, work ran late, took almost two hours to get home with the rain (30 miles), was still planning to run because I didn't want to feel guilty about skipping it and didn't want to make excuses.  Then my wife reminded me that I've run for 9 days straight and just finished my first 60 mile week since November, so it's ok to take a rest day, right?  Big grin

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

3.5 miles today, "the hill" included, though I only ran it in one direction. I'm a little out of shape still, and I'm still nursing the knee. Get to see an ortho on Thursday so maybe I can get to the bottom of it. Basically, the more I run, the more it hurts.

So anyway, it was a good run regardless. I really got winded going up one side, and I couldn't keep up when I started up the backside of the hill to return so I walked it. Yes, I did stop the garmin during the walking portion of the run so the 3.5 miles is all running. Smile

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

LRB

Finally done with work, what a long ass day!  They need to seriously pay me for this crap.  Wait...

Zelanie

So my race strategy for yesterday was to calm the fuck down and not stress over things like I usually do.  So I didn't even set a goal or check my PR ahead of time, didn't talk about it much, just registered the day before.  Result?  Worse than normal.

Maybe I need to try the tough love approach.  Set my watch to beep at me if I go too slowly, maybe set .25 mile laps so that I only have to focus on holding pace for .25 at a time.  Then just suck it up and run.  If I think about it, that's how I run my track workouts, really.  And that seems to work.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Pilates for an hour, followed by a 5 miler while the sun went down.  Still hot as balls.

Damaris

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Pilates for an hour, followed by a 5 miler while the sun went down.  Still hot as balls.

You must mean young men balls cuz let me tell you from personal experience, as you get older...well....ummm...never mind....

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt