Beginners and Beyond

Gee thanks, boss (Read 108 times)

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

But generally speaking none of us are as indispensable as we think we are 

Which is why one of the employees at a company I used to work for managed to track me down, call me at work, and ask me how to fix a problem because no one left at the company could. After the second time, I told him to let the manager know what my hourly rate was if they needed my help. He never called back after that.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Everybody knows how to do my work (at least the attorneys) but still they have to call me when something goes down to see what I have done in similar cases  I still leave everything ready before I leave so they don't feel I threw a bomb at them and ran.

Maybe they will send you kitty cookies like me and beg you to come back soon???

Damaris

I shall just offer the advice once given me...  If you can't be replaced, you can't be promoted.

Hip Redux

I shall just offer the advice once given me...  If you can't be replaced, you can't be promoted.

I can't be promoted anyway - unless I want to become CEO, and I don't. lol

kettledrum

They never do... which is why sometimes you have to let the curtain slip.

Else they do something stupid like, get rid of the IT department and contract an outside IT company...  talk about cluster F and skyrocketing expenses...

"What do you mean you can't get to it right this very minute?  My in-house guy could..."

yup...

Oh dear Lord, our company is in the middle of that right now.  We have no IT, just 3rd party outsourced.  It is completely nuts!

Hip Redux

I was working out in our onsite gym after work today and someone came to find me to talk about something.