Beginners and Beyond

Who inspires you to not make excuses and get out there?! (Read 78 times)

Yugo8

My wife inspires me.  Without any sports background in HS, college, or anything, she just one day decided to run a 5k.  Are you kidding me?  I ran a season of XC in HS, so I know how far that is.  You're crazy.  We are middle aged, overweight, sitting here watching tv.  How the heck are you going to run 5k?  Walk it, maybe, but not run it.

My son also inspires me.  I had been teaching him soccer, and then he just started to run more around me.  With the ball.  He had the ball, he now knew how to dribble it well, and he was doing a good job keeping from me.  Because I was getting too darned tired to run after him much.  8 yr old son.  48 yr old slow fat man.

40 pounds lost since.  Feel better.  Feel better running.

I like this answer.  Excellent!

Yugo8

I have never been the sort of person who gets inspiration from others.  (Of course, there are people I consider just amazing badass runners - mostly Scott Jurek.)  The only motivation for me comes from the inside.  I run because I enjoy running.  I feel free and incredibly alive.  I like the physical benefits, but, honestly, I think I mostly enjoy running because it makes me feel good and powerful.

Nevrgivup

Myself. I inspire myself every single day. Whether it be passing an exam, taking care of my patients the best that I can and in a way that I'd like to be cared for, or running when I don't feel like it. I do not let small things stop me from doing what I love. Many of you do not know me personally, but  I was born with a medical disorder that you cannot see on the outside, but can see on the inside. I could either let this hold me back and feel sorry for myself, or choose to be happy and do things that I love. So I'd say that I inspire myself because I let nothing hold me back. I am responsible 100% for all choices that I make in my life.

I should also add my running buddy Tia. <3

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

After reading Jack Klompus' success story, one thing stood out to me..."I didn't miss a single workout"

That has stuck with me for the past few weeks and has inspired my training.

**Ask me about streaking**

on my way to badass

After reading Jack Klompus' success story, one thing stood out to me..."I didn't miss a single workout"

+1

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

Robert31320

Team TJ

Running for TJ because he can't.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

TJ inspires me, too, Robert!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

happylily

TJ makes me realize how ridiculous I am when I complain about my race finish times.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Wow, thanks for that.  I am honored, but I have nothing on TJ.