Beginners and Beyond

Sundailies out the door! (Read 40 times)

Hip Redux

Does anyone else think that the refs are totally screwing the 49ers in this game?  Yikes.

LRB

Looks like the Seahawks are trying to give it away.

DavePNW

WOW.

Dave

Hip Redux

Looks like the Seahawks are trying to give it away.

The whole last 5 minutes of this game have been ugly.

I realize his ability to run is awesome, but you know, Kaepernick should learn how to throw a ball.

LRB

Sherman is an a hole.  A talented a hole, but an a hole nontheless.

Hip Redux

Sherman is an a hole.  A talented a hole, but an a hole nontheless.

Agreed times a million.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I used to take gu around miles 8 or 9, never needing it around 45-1hr but I remember reading how the body has enough "fuel" stored for at least 2 hours of running so I thought this morning I would try to hang on until then and see if my body liked it that way or not. I honestly don't think my body cared either way, lol but my goal/desire is to train my body to burn the fat that is stored... though I am not going to focus on that too hard right now. I did have 3 sips of my grape gatorade around mile 6 and felt great afterwards, then I had I think 3 sips of it around mile 10 and that helped. During races like HMs are a different story though, usually I'm consuming my first gu at around mile 5.

free soul...nice job on the 14. Have you considered taking the GU earlier? Since it takes about 15 min to get into your system, you're left with pretty little time when you take it so late. Trying earlier (45-1hr) would keep you level as far as nutrients, instead of crashing then spiking. Definitely just offering as a piece of friendly food for thought...hope you take it that way.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Jay, bravo on the 17.7.

Andrew, terrific 12.35.

Ab work and push-ups are done. Good night, everyone.

How are you liking the TM/indoor running?

So far, I like it a lot.  The constant battle with the weather and unsafe footing and darkness was starting to suck the fun out of running, and often the snow limited pace to nothing more than a recovery jog.  This has been a severe winter compared to the last two, and something had to be done.  Smile

LRB

but my goal/desire is to train my body to burn the fat that is stored...

I am good for up to about 16 miles at easy pace with nothing but water, and about 10 to 12 miles of marathon pace or faster mixed in.  Of course that takes a lot of practice and careful attention to what you are eating the day before.  But I routinely go 8 hours between meals during the week, and up to 12 on the weekends without issue.

Jay, this winter sucks major assage!

LRB

Good night, everyone.

Ta-ta!

Just B.S.

So far, I like it a lot.  The constant battle with the weather and unsafe footing and darkness was starting to suck the fun out of running, and often the snow limited pace to nothing more than a recovery jog.  This has been a severe winter compared to the last two, and something had to be done.  Smile

Jsy I am in my 14 the consecutive winter as an  outdoor runner in canada and you and I have very similar weather.

I will unequivocally tell you that this has been the worst since I started running. The combo of extended sub zero temps,

Snow storms, freezing rain and warm ups with torrential rain have led to more treadmill days for me so far than in the last 4 years of

Winter marathon training combined.

And for someone like me who despises the mill this winter has been miserable. Glad you are enjoying it , wish I could.