Beginners and Beyond

Rant On it’s FriDAILIES! (Read 32 times)

bluerun

Super B****

Is this supposed to be a sign?

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

RunningOnSand

Is this supposed to be a sign?

Yes! Does it fit your criteria? Sunday race? Somewhat hilly? And it seems like it's close?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

DavePBanMilkChocolate, I actually thought of you when deciding which of those beans to get. lol I ended up getting both because, well, CHOCOLATE.

D, It's an hour drive to the airport and you have to be there 2 hours beforehand, plus I'm a person who doesn't like to be late or feel rushed when traveling, so there was time in there for cushion.

Regarding weight loss and how idiots people treat you, it was absolutely awful when I lost a whole 20 stinking pounds. Terrible. Both at work and with friends and family. The things that were flying out of their mouths was mind boggling. What people don't realize is that the things they are pointing out about your differences (usually that your face looks thin), you don't like either. So who in their right mind would bring attention to another person's "flaw"? An idiot? No, some people just don't have a filter. And usually the ones doing the complaining about how you look, actually look terrible, so it takes a ton restraint to not light into their asses. I was able to  maintain my composure (for the most part) because I came to see that most of them didn't know they were actually insulting me, which speaks more to their lack of awareness/decorum/decency than it does anything "bad" about the person being insulted.

I have never been at the airport 2 hours before any flight.  Even in MIA where the security line is slower than a limping parade, 1 hour prior is all you really need.  That's too early of a flight for me.  Last trip I was bitching I had to fly out at 8:20am!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I am so glad I don't need my car to get to work.

Yeah, don't move here.  You need a car for everything as our public transportation sucks.

I do wish I could run or bike to work, although chances are I would get run over quickly.

Damaris

bluerun

Super B****

Yes! Does it fit your criteria? Sunday race? Somewhat hilly? And it seems like it's close?

It was one of my final contenders... it looks flat from the course map but apparently it's not really like that.  I do know someone who ran this last year so I can always ask him about it.  Close being relative, but yes, this counts, because I can drive there on Sunday morning (vs. having to go somewhere for the weekend which I really don't want to do).  I am NOT excited about having to drive there on Friday to pick up the bib, because last weekend it took me longer to get there on Friday than to get there and back on Sunday, but I don't really have much of a choice there.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

sdWhiskers

Ask me that in a week after coming in at 7am every day.  Shouldn't be too hard, as I am already here by 7:30 so not to be late (traffic is wonderful in Miami, so even a 5 minute difference can turn your commute to an extra 30-45minutes).

Coming into work at 7am vs 730 saves me about 15-20 min in commute time. I've also learned that if I leave at 3:55pm vs 4:05pm, it saves almost 30 minutes to my commute. For reference, I live about 6 miles from work. God help the coworker who tries to talk to me around 4pm

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

...watching Season 2 of Handmaid's Tale!!!!!! I forget--did we already discuss this show? Who watches it and who doesn't?!

It's the most disturbing show on TV, because it's not really that far-fetched.  During some scenes, we just look at each other and say "Mike Pence" .  DW and I love it, and wish they didn't just do an episode a week.

Runner with a riding problem.

RunningOnSand

It's the most disturbing show on TV, because it's not really that far-fetched.  During some scenes, we just look at each other and say "Mike Pence" .  DW and I love it, and wish they didn't just do an episode a week.

Yes!!!! That is the craziest part. I think that's what makes it so disturbing. I also wish they didn't do just an episode a week. I just watched s2e1 yesterday and can't wait to watch e2 today!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Coming into work at 7am vs 730 saves me about 15-20 min in commute time. I've also learned that if I leave at 3:55pm vs 4:05pm, it saves almost 30 minutes to my commute. For reference, I live about 6 miles from work. God help the coworker who tries to talk to me around 4pm

Yeah, I leave at 4:30pm (my time to leave will remain the same) and it used to take me 30 minutes to get home (14 miles).  Now it takes 60-90 minutes.  So that Friday at 3:30pm will make a world of difference.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I have not watched it yet, but even reading about it gave me the same vibe.

Now I always thought V for Vendetta was too far-fetched, but I wonder.

Damaris

LRB

I have never been at the airport 2 hours before any flight.  Even in MIA where the security line is slower than a limping parade, 1 hour prior is all you really need.  That's too early of a flight for me.  Last trip I was bitching I had to fly out at 8:20am!

I cannot speak about there, but here and everywhere else I've flown from post 9/11, it is generally recommended you arrive at the airport 2 hours before your scheduled departure, although in some cases, it's 90 minutes. Whether someone follows it or not is an individual choice. I do it because again, I don't like to feel rushed or be frazzled. So when there's a traffic delay on the freeway or with the metal detectors at TSA, it is of little concern to me because I'm usually ahead of the game. YMMV

As to fly out time, when going on vacation, I like to spend as much time as possible in my destination city. So that means taking the earliest, most convenient flight out and the latest flight back in. For this trip, that was a 6:00 am flight out and a 10:59 pm flight home. I would've preferred a 9:00 am flight out but it was either 6:00 am or 1:00 pm, so 6:00 am it was.

Some people like to fly out later or come home earlier, and that's fine too.

LRB

As for me, I think I'm suffering from alcohol poisoning. lol I don't really feel like running, but I want to burn off them three slices of pizza I ate yesterday that were less than stellar. Everything else I've eaten thus far however, has been Fabo.

Baboon

delicate flower

Coach gave me my race instructions for my duathlon next Saturday.  I'll paraphrase:  "Go hard, stay with the lead pack, be competitive, take chances."  My reaction:

<3

DavePNW

Ask me that in a week after coming in at 7am every day.  Shouldn't be too hard, as I am already here by 7:30 so not to be late (traffic is wonderful in Miami, so even a 5 minute difference can turn your commute to an extra 30-45minutes).

Talking about commute, I was bringing donuts for the retirement breakfast this morning and this asshole almost Tboned me today and the donuts flew off the seat and are all chocolate-less now.  Asshole.

This sounds like an insurance claim. Unless this was part of your grand plan to remove all the offensive chocolate.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

This sounds like an insurance claim. Unless this was part of your grand plan to remove all the offensive chocolate.

Haha.

They brought a pinata today with my boss’ face on it and are taking swings at it. I, of course, broke the stick.

MTA, and they just made one more meeting and they surprised me with the 10 year pin and certificate.  The government was only delayed 8 months this time (I received my 5 year pin on year 6-7).

Damaris