Beginners and Beyond

TUESDAILIES Don't Wanna Stop (Read 38 times)

scottydawg, that is gorgeous! I'm happy that you can enjoy that beauty during your runs.

Damaris, a speedy and complete recovery to you. May the UTI be gone soon.I'm thrilled that you may bike and walk.

FreeSoul87, feel better soon.

Andrew, nice nine.

Zelanie, I hope that you enjoy your ten-miler.

outoftheblue, enjoy the farm work. Have a pleasant nine-miler.

Rick, bravo on the smokin' 12.1.

StepbyStep-SH

Damaris - Good news!

I ended up with 7.1 miles at bit faster than easy pace (9:00 overall pace) on the indoor track, and strength class went fairly well. I did go a little lighter with weights and modified one move toward the end of class because my knee was feeling tired. But the little concerns I had that I might be catching what DS had on Sunday didn't materialize. Phew.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

outoftheblue

'Sup!

Getting out of my warm toasty truck to run in that cold, stiff ass wind was so hard today.  Mentally, I was defeated before I put on my damn gloves!

It did not help things that I had to run 6 miles before the stupid workout even began.  Shit, for a minute there I seriously contemplated going back home!  As it is, I got the thing done:

6 easy + 5 x 5 minutes @ tempo pace with 2:15 recoveries.

12.1 miles total - 3.8 of them @ 6:36.

Very impressive run LRB.  You showed that cold who was boss.

Life is good.

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

'Sup!

Getting out of my warm toasty truck to run in that cold, stiff ass wind was so hard today.  Mentally, I was defeated before I put on my damn gloves!

It did not help things that I had to run 6 miles before the stupid workout even began.  Shit, for a minute there I seriously contemplated going back home!  As it is, I got the thing done:

6 easy + 5 x 5 minutes @ tempo pace with 2:15 recoveries.

12.1 miles total - 3.8 of them @ 6:36.

Beast mode!

- Andrew

LRB

Thanks peeps, gotta represent for the crew!

What I am most happiest with though is that I wore my Super J's (a 7.4 ounce trainer) and heard not a single peep from my ignorant band.

Runners with high arches such as myself cannot wear just any shoe because our stupid feet are so finicky when the distance starts to increase.  While neutral runners seem to have dozens to choose from.

As it is, I just emptied the water tank of all its hot water and now I am off to eat, eat, eat some shit up! 

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

8.2 for me this morning. Pilates later. Hope everyone is having a good day

Marjorie

LRB

After coffee, I need to get going on some yard work.  We have the chickens to their smaller pen now, as we are raking/hoeing their large fenced yard in preparation of planting it out with a mixture of seeds that will grow into various grasses/grains the chickens can eat. 

This is so cool!  You have become like a budding expert on the subject, what with giving away tons of fresh eggs to family and what not.  All the ups and downs with weasels and roosters has made for some very interesting reading.

If you ever make it big, do not forget us little people.  lol

Yugo18

Hello!  I ran 11.5 total with "strides" (my own "long" version, that is).  Whoo-hoo.  I hope everyone has a nice Tuesday.  Busy day!

LRB

Looks like dinner will be penne with a splash of olive oil and one hundred and sixty two thousand cloves of garlic.  : har, har, har : that's me blowing my breath at you.   Wink

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

2.45 walking miles.

And pass me all that garlic.  I love it.

Damaris

happylily

I love garlic, but I can't even stand the smell of my own breath after I eat it. I still eat though, then I hope I fall asleep quickly after, so I don't have to put up with my own smell a whole evening. 

LRB, that was a great workout!

Scotty, gorgeous pics of San Antonio!!!

outoftheblue, I envy your life. It sounds so nice out there. :-)

Damaris, yeah for the clearance!

Shari, great workouts today and good news about not catching Kevin's bug!

9 miles, 8:04 pace

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Zelanie

I am having one of those days where I feel like I'm really losing my confidence as a runner.  And there's no good reason why I should feel that way, other than that I took two URDs since Friday, both for good reasons, but really not typical for me.  Tonight I had to remind myself several times that tonight's run was really no big deal and that I could totally get out there and do it.  And it was fine, only I had to keep reminding myself of that the whole way.

Today at work was kinda like that too, though.  And I started the day with a nice argument with the teenager.

I'm at peak miles in my plan, which is prime freak-out time for me.  I have two tune-up races in the next 2 weeks, then a month until my goal race.  Last time I think I at least managed to avoid freaking out until I had a month to go.  Maybe I'm ahead of schedule this time? 

Probably what I need is a new pair of shoes.  I've been running on really old shoes lately because I have a couple of pairs that I want to retire before I get new ones.

Anyway, sorry for venting here.  Everything is really fine.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Are you following a plan, Mel?  Because peaking 6 weeks out of the race is a bit too early.

And yes, DON'T PANIC!

Damaris

Zelanie

Are you following a plan, Mel?  Because peaking 6 weeks out of the race is a bit too early.

And yes, DON'T PANIC!

Pfitz.  I added miles to the early weeks so I hit peak miles a couple of weeks before the plan did, with the thought of holding at that level.  So I have 2 more weeks, I think, at this mileage.  Then it decreases mileage but not quality work.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Good.  Try to keep the mileage and see.  But you could also take one week as cutback and one last super week before tapering too.

Damaris