Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #202 (Read 26 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

KCRuns, I would keep the speedwork as is (or as onemile and others have recommended, do less but not necessarily cut it in half) and lower the LR miles so that you can accommodate for the fact that you don't need a 16+ miler.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hahaha, DP is a big factor in the suckiness of running, so I look at that figure a lot.

Samesies, lol.

I no longer go outside if it's 70+ dewpoint. I was tempted yesterday because it was in the 70s for temps but the 70+ kill my lungs and like you say, FTS.

Damaris

onemile

My running temps are 55-65 year round (early morning), it is just extra sunny in the summer.

I love running in 35-45 degrees. That's the best running weather 45-55 not bad but low to mid-40's is perfect

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I love running in 35-45 degrees. That's the best running weather 45-55 not bad but low to mid-40's is perfect

+1. I'm the Puerto Rican onemile, except way slower.

I actually breathe better in 15F than I do in 70.

Damaris

DavePNW

Yep. I tell non-runners this and they look at me like I have three heads.

Dave

DavePNW

+1. I'm the Puerto Rican onemile, except way slower.

I actually breathe better in 15F than I do in 70.

Huh, I haven’t run in 15F in a very long time, but I think the cold does more of a number on my breathing than the heat. 

Dave

sdWhiskers

We don't get into the 40s too much unless I run trails in the canyon. I would love to run in the 40s in the sun, but most of my winter running is dark-o clock so I'm good with 50s.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

After all the we're going to have an MCM, it went virtual today.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Huh, I haven’t run in 15F in a very long time, but I think the cold does more of a number on my breathing than the heat. 

Different triggers. I assume being allergic to 80 things that are present in Spring, Summer and Fall helps with Winter since everything is dead.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

After all the we're going to have an MCM, it went virtual today.

I'm shocked. Not.

Now Baltimore just needs to pull their heads out of their asses and cancel.

DavePNW

Different triggers. I assume being allergic to 80 things that are present in Spring, Summer and Fall helps with Winter since everything is dead.

Ha, I can never figure out everything I'm allergic to. I'd be having symptoms in the winter, and people are like "what the hell are you reacting to?" Actually I suppose that could be dust. But in any case - super-cold air in my lungs es no bueno.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I'm shocked. Not.

The race was the ones that kept saying it was going to happen. 

Damaris

DavePNW

I'm shocked. Not.

And I don't think I've seen a Detroit update today.

Dave

DavePNW

The race was the ones that kept saying it was going to happen. 

Almost all of them are saying that, until they're not.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ha, I can never figure out everything I'm allergic to. I'd be having symptoms in the winter, and people are like "what the hell are you reacting to?" Actually I suppose that could be dust. But in any case - super-cold air in my lungs es no bueno.

So long as I cover my mouth for the first 1/2 mile, my lungs won't hurt me at all in 15F. I think we ran once in 11F and once below that and we were fine on both. I didn't even wear a cover for my mouth in 11F and was fine, but there was no wind that day.

Damaris