Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES and the Beast (Read 47 times)

Cyberic

10 miles, incl. 6x1000m @ 5k pace, 8:09 average pace overall. Then I had to struggle with a new running bra with the straps from hell. The f*****g thing would not pass over my shoulders (no front or back closure). I could not breathe anymore, I swore in two languages, I cried, I thought of my son who calls Lululemon a monster corporation which laughs at middle-aged women like myself. Then I went downstairs and asked my SO to pull the damned thing off of me. It was humiliating...

Hahahaha!  Must have been pretty funny (for an observer)

Cyberic

Social run this evening with our local Beer Runners group.  4.25 miles, followed by a Bells Two Hearted Ale and an Elysian Punkuccinno - espresso pumpkin stout.  Both were good.

I need to find me that kind of running club!

An espresso pumpkin stout... Interesting!

onemile

I ran 10 with 6x1 mile

onemile

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Let them free Lily!

3.62 mile club race - gravel / road / hills / gravel uuggg!

why 3.62 you ask?  Because it was a 'moving finish'.

At whatever point the leader is at 15 minutes run another 1000 meters.

In our case the race leader was at 2.99 (3 miles) at the 15 min mark.   Uggg

to add:

if you happen to be drinking beet juice ( not from concentrate) may I suggest you not mix it with black coffee...

the taste isn't so bad - but the GI tract did not enjoy that combo.

Little Blue

10 miles, incl. 6x1000m @ 5k pace, 8:09 average pace overall. Then I had to struggle with a new running bra with the straps from hell. The f*****g thing would not pass over my shoulders (no front or back closure). I could not breathe anymore, I swore in two languages, I cried, I thought of my son who calls Lululemon a monster corporation which laughs at middle-aged women like myself. Then I went downstairs and asked my SO to pull the damned thing off of me. It was humiliating...

This sounds like trying to put one on after a shower, when your skin is still damp.  Impossible.  It requires another person.

Cyberic

to add:

if you happen to be drinking beet juice ( not from concentrate) may I suggest you not mix it with black coffee...

the taste isn't so bad - but the GI tract did not enjoy that combo.

Thanks for the advice, lol

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

HELP ME!

Lol, nah he always has that look when obeying a command.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)