Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #139 (Read 28 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

You don't eat Mexican?

Are beans a must if you're gonna eat Mexican? When going to places like El Patron, El Miguey, I try to avoid the beans if I see them... if I don't,  then I'm sure I've eaten a few.

Its like mushrooms, I like green bean casserole but knowing that cream of mushrooms is part of the recipe makes it hard for me to eat it.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

Are beans a must if you're gonna eat Mexican?

They are for me because I do not eat the meats, but I suppose that's not the case for normal people. Beans also aren't for everybody so there is that.

GinnyinPA

Got a steroid shot in my shoulder this morning. Dr said if I wasn't young and healthy, they wouldn't do it now as it suppresses the immune system  Hope I made the right choice. It's meant to be localized obviously but there is some peripheral exposure. The visit to the doctor was a bit surreal, still hard to believe this is our new normal.

DH has an appointment with a new doctor this week. I'm not sure what to expect. We haven't heard yet if the appointment will be virtual or cancelled or just a normal appointment.

Rest day for me, so I went to the state forest for a nice short hike.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

They are for me because I do not eat the meats, but I suppose that's not the case for normal people. Beans also aren't for everybody so there is that.

Well, next time we get something Mexican or go eat at a Mexican restaurant (some might say Hacienda is not Mexican), I will try the beans... I'm sure I can get over the texture... maybe 

I do still eat meat though, so maybe that's why it's been so easy for me to pass on the beans....

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

The odd thing to me is so many of the people who want to open everything now, also don’t want to wear a mask and are very “it’s my right to not wear a mask” (literally saw someone post that today). Which I mean, whatever, but if it helps us open stuff up and keep infections somewhat down does it really hurt to wear one? 

I call those people assholes. it is not about them; it's about not getting others sick. But we are all about me, me, me, of course.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

My legs felt like shit and third day of no Zyrtec didn't help. I managed tomorrow's 6 today and even that was pushing it. It was nice a sunny outside. Sweated up a bunch but didn't burst on fire, so there is that.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Are beans a must if you're gonna eat Mexican? When going to places like El Patron, El Miguey, I try to avoid the beans if I see them... if I don't,  then I'm sure I've eaten a few.

Its like mushrooms, I like green bean casserole but knowing that cream of mushrooms is part of the recipe makes it hard for me to eat it.

Every true Mexican dish has refried beans in it.

Damaris

sdWhiskers

DH has an appointment with a new doctor this week. I'm not sure what to expect. We haven't heard yet if the appointment will be virtual or cancelled or just a normal appointment.

Masks obviously required. Far less appointments so the waiting areas, even though half the chairs were inaccessible, were empty. The weirdest part was probably when talking with the doctor, he was sitting across the exam room, which he apologized for. He then told me what he'd normally advise that i do but because of everything, PT is out (I did this in the Fall), MRI will take even more forever than normal, surgery isn't really a possibility anytime soon and the injection could weaken my immune system. Good times 

sdWhiskers

Every true Mexican dish has refried beans in it.

I'm also allergic to avocado so take away that and the beans and WHAT HAVE I BEEN EATING MY WHOLE LIFE!  Lol

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I'm also allergic to avocado so take away that and the beans and WHAT HAVE I BEEN EATING MY WHOLE LIFE!  Lol

Mexican is not your friend, yo.

I don't know what I would do without eating an avocado a day, waaahhh.

Damaris

onemile

What happens when you eat avocado? It makes my stomach hurt sooo bad for hours

onemile

I ran 10

Just checking in to say I love Mexican food and beans and avocados. 

A good first day. Pretty much wall to wall phone calls, with a break for lunch. Mostly introductory/onboarding stuff. But so far I get a good feeling about the people and the company. And they seem genuinely just as excited to have me on board as I am to be employed. A nice feeling after my self-confidence being in the toilet for the last 6 months. 

Hey Whiskers - apparently they have a facility in Poway, which I guess is kinda sorta in your neck of the woods. IDK whether I’ll make it down there at any point or not.

Dave

sdWhiskers

A good first day. Pretty much wall to wall phone calls, with a break for lunch. Mostly introductory/onboarding stuff. But so far I get a good feeling about the people and the company. And they seem genuinely just as excited to have me on board as I am to be employed. A nice feeling after my self-confidence being in the toilet for the last 6 months. 

Hey Whiskers - apparently they have a facility in Poway, which I guess is kinda sorta in your neck of the woods. IDK whether I’ll make it down there at any point or not.

Awesome! Hopefully the sign of a great employer.

Poway is the "better" school district here. Psssh but its farther from the coast. Only 10-15 mins from my house.

sdWhiskers

What happens when you eat avocado? It makes my stomach hurt sooo bad for hours

Itchy face. I've tried to avoid it for years so no idea what would happen now.