Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES before it's too late (Read 34 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

What kind of half times is he running?

2:08 is his PR. You know, at Houston, where I fucking suck...

My PR is still faster than his. Wink

Damaris

RunningOnSand

I think I found my race! But would you guys call me a cheater if I got into Boston?

The Tunnel Light Marathon

I think I found my race! But would you guys call me a cheater if I got into Boston?

The Tunnel Light Marathon

That’s a pretty popular course out here for people to go for BQ. Multiple races throughout the year are run on it. A 2000 ft drop over the length of the course, that’s steady & gradual, so (theoretically) does not tear up your quads so badly. The warnings are (1) the first couple miles are in a dark tunnel, you probably need to bring a headlamp; (2) it’s mostly gravel, some people like to wear gaiters.

I avoided running it, to see if I could BQ without it. If I had continued to be unsuccessful, I might’ve given in eventually.

Dave

2:08 is his PR. You know, at Houston, where I fucking suck...

My PR is still faster than his. Wink

OK, I hadn’t really been paying attention, I thought I remembered at one point he was doing them closer to 3 hrs. In which case I would not recommend doing a marathon anyway.

Dave

RunningOnSand

That’s a pretty popular course out here for people to go for BQ. Multiple races throughout the year are run on it. A 2000 ft drop over the length of the course, that’s steady & gradual, so (theoretically) does not tear up your quads so badly. The warnings are (1) the first couple miles are in a dark tunnel, you probably need to bring a headlamp; (2) it’s mostly gravel, some people like to wear gaiters.

I avoided running it, to see if I could BQ without it. If I had continued to be unsuccessful, I might’ve given in eventually.

Yeah I think that's the rub...I guess I'll see how I do at Cellcom to see how far off I am, and then reassess.  B/c I'd like to feel like I could qualify w/o that big of an assist. Wink

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

OK, I hadn’t really been paying attention, I thought I remembered at one point he was doing them closer to 3 hrs. In which case I would not recommend doing a marathon anyway.

Oh, he's come a long way from that.  On three runs a week, motherfucker.

Damaris