Beginners and Beyond

Penguin's Mother's Day Weekend !!! (Read 20 times)

GinnyinPA

PAD - congratulations on the sub-30!  All your long miles paid off.

Kathleen - I hope you had a nice easy walk today.

Damaris - did you get your run?

sapf - I hope the party was fun.  Good job getting the miles done early.

Hi Sly and Lauren.

Allison - whales are great!  I've only seen them on boat tours, never from the shore, though I've seen dolphins that way.  Nice that you have a group to do your long run with.

Mitch - funny about the 5k.  It seems that sort of thing happens pretty often.

I ended up doing 6.5 today.  It was 80 and humid, for this time of year, (DP of about 60) but there was a nice breeze. A young girl yelled out as I passed her house, "You're running in this heat?"  I said, "Yes, want to join me?"  She did.  She's on the track team -- hurdles -- but after 1/2 block she turned around.  I think she figured I was old and slow, but then she was surprised that I was running a nice steady pace, despite the heat.

From the Internet.

Pad, congrats! I know you've been aiming for sub 30 for a while.

Lauren, I cannot wait to see/hear how you do next week. Which plan did you use? Care to send it to me? I need to start my half plan in the middle of June, and although I really like the Ryan Hall 10 week plan, I'm itching for something different.

Ginny, I'm with you on the colder weather!

I did 12 this morning. I felt like my pace was slower, so I was surprised to see 9:18. Then I helped with a local 5k doing some timing. It was funny to hear that the lead pace car, which was a police car, missed a turn, and the course ended up being 2.7 miles. It wasn't advertised as a certified course, so nothing to get upset over I guess.

Mitch, I made it up as I went along with input from my coach Smile I was hesitant to try to follow a plan with my injury-prone past - wanted the flexibility to adjust as needed. The meat of it was long race pace tempos and over-distance long runs with some MP miles when I felt like it. Some shorter/faster stuff but I was quick to drop it during weeks that my legs didn't feel 100%. My log is open and you can check it out to see what I did Smile

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Today after 4 1/2 years of trying, I ran my first Sub-30 5k in 29:41. How NOT to book coming soon.

Thanks for pacing me again Sly!

Z - I've been to a couple of traveling Cirque shows (don't remember which) and O in Vegas. They're great!

Congrats, PAD !!!

Robert31320

Team TJ

Happy Mothers Day to those of you that are.  Happy Sunday to the remainder.

Running for TJ because he can't.

GinnyinPA

Didn't anybody run today?

I did a very hot 4.5 this afternoon. It's supposed to cool down to normal Spring temperatures mid-week and I can't wait.  I don't know if running is so difficult right now because of the heat or because I'm still recovering from the marathon, but it really isn't much fun at the moment.

Brilliant

I did a very hot 4.5 this afternoon. It's supposed to cool down to normal Spring temperatures mid-week and I can't wait.  I don't know if running is so difficult right now because of the heat or because I'm still recovering from the marathon, but it really isn't much fun at the moment.

Not me. I did a class at the gym this morning and then went for brunch and canceled all the benefits of the gym class. 

I hope your running gets easier when the weather cools off!

PADRunner

4 on the TM this morning.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

8 easy miles for us.  Back to tights, 2 layers and my winter beanie.  It actually turned out to be a nice run.  Ready for another Half next weekend.

Hope everyone had a nice Mother's Day

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Did my 24th race of the year on Saturday:   http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/71e043be715e46e8bc765d26113695e2/resume#focus

Followed that up on Sunday morning with a run/walk at Fort Sam.  Had planned on an easy run after my 5K yesterday, but I got a bit motivated - or carried away, lol - and ended up doing 4 miles of hills...and the hills on Fort Sam ain't no baby hills either.   I felt pretty good most of the whole way, but the last 1/4 mile or so my legs were feeling it a bit.  Glad tomorrow is a non-run day!

Went back today to the main page and caught up on all the race reports...sorry I had not responded earlier, fellow runners, life and work have been a bit crazy for the past couple weeks.   Reading all those reports...wow...we have some very impressive and speedy runners here!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

hog4life

Jerry, back to tights? What's the temp? I might need to move up your way.

Ginny, kind of funny about the kids.

I drove over to Huntsville this morning with Bella and did a practice 10k on the Cotton Row course that I'll be running in 2 weeks. It's not a good course for a PR because of this stupid hill at mile 3, but has a long gradual downhill after, so we'll see. We did it in 56:05 with a couple of water stops for Bella. I'll need to do some work on race day to cut ~6 minutes off that.