Beginners and Beyond

Potentially Big Blizzard (Read 176 times)

YAYpril - B-Plus

Our Winter Storm Warning was issued. 6-12" possible here in Eastern PA. I have a 5k race on Saturday... or DO I?

Haven't run in a 1.5 weeks with the flu \ bronchitis, another few days I guess.

flarunner

And once again I am so thankful that I moved down here. Big grin

Something that I snagged from the Swamp. Thanks bhearn!

delicate flower

I might need to join a gym. Are gym's generally open after an 8 inch snowfall?

My gym only closes if they lose power.  They impress me.

I had a 2:30 knee appointment tomorrow but they bumped me UP to 8:00 AM.  Awesome!  I was really afraid they'd cancel.

<3

Nevrgivup

Well its not like I won't have "nothing" to do tomorrow. It will be perfect conditions for studying my ass off. Smile

Phil- I was wondering if they would even be open for your appt. That's great that they were able to get you in early.

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

delicate flower

Phil- I was wondering if they would even be open for your appt. That's great that they were able to get you in early.

Agreed.  I really didn't want to have that delayed.  The dressing comes off tomorrow and I'll finally be able to shower.  One good thing about the surgery this week is that DW and I stocked up on bread and milk so I'd have it, and now the storm just happens to be coming.  No need to fight grocery store crazies tonight or tomorrow.  Big grin

<3

Oh, man.  I *did* head to the grocery store this afternoon, and it was packed.

"...You have to have faith, to know that you can do what you want to do."  -Joseph Nzau

I live in an area where 2 feet are predicted.  I work in the blizzard warning area where up to 3 feet is predicted.  I am an essential employee. I have a 6 miler and a 12 miler scheduled this weekend.

This is going to be interesting.

Little Blue

You folks be careful up there!

You're bringing back memories of my childhood in NE Ohio.  Of course, when you're a kid it's a big adventure.  Especially when there is snow literally up to your butt!  I don't miss that .. much.

LRB

I live in an area where 2 feet are predicted.  I work in the blizzard warning area where up to 3 feet is predicted.  I am an essential employee. I have a 6 miler and a 12 miler scheduled this weekend.

This is going to be interesting.

I am a first responder and they already have plans for 12 hour shifts this weekend if a snow emergency is declared.  It's not mandatory but I'd just as soon not deal with all of the headache that comes with that....oh yeah, and I want to run!

Oh, good golly.  The updated forecast is calling for 2-3 feet in my area.

"...You have to have faith, to know that you can do what you want to do."  -Joseph Nzau

The hospital I work at has bed assignments ready for employees and the police are prepared to drive employees in to work.

I am hoping to work my shift and get out before the snow really starts flying!

I haven't decided about the runs yet.  I have my first half marathon in 2 weeks. I NEED these runs!

Just B.S.

I am a first responder and they already have plans for 12 hour shifts this weekend if a snow emergency is declared.  It's not mandatory but I'd just as soon not deal with all of the headache that comes with that....oh yeah, and I want to run!

LRB, seriously, how is it that you are not taken???

Funny, smart, caring,  fit, abs of steel AND saves lives.......I'm applying for my Green Card

tomorrow!Big grin

The hospital I work at has bed assignments ready for employees and the police are prepared to drive employees in to work.

I am hoping to work my shift and get out before the snow really starts flying!

I haven't decided about the runs yet.  I have my first half marathon in 2 weeks. I NEED these runs!

Pay for day passes at a gym or the Y?  Treadmill is better than being squashed by a snowplow, or sliding cars...

LRB

LRB, seriously, how is it that you are not taken???

Funny, smart, caring,  fit, abs of steel AND saves lives.......I'm applying for my Green Card

tomorrow!Big grin

She's around here somewhere...and my function is not of a life saver perse, just in an emergency we are commandeered to assist the real life savers.

Think of me as the guy telling you which way to go.  Big grin