Beginners and Beyond

Week 39 Penguins and Bluebirds!! (09/23-09/29) (Read 11 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hubby won't give me ABx until the dentist sees me tomorrow. Curse that man!  If it's the tooth, I won't be able to fix it unless it's minor until later next week after insurance approves.  For now, I'll pop advil every 8 hours.  I have not had a headache since last Thursday but I have been more conscious of when and where the pain starts to treat it.

Damaris

Singer who runs a smidge

You know your hubby is right ...

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

D - what good is it to have a Dr in the house if he doesn't help out? lol, I know. Those pesky rules.

HM - running has been a struggle for a long time. I haden't been to a chiro in a few years, but I have tripped over my own dogs running twice in that time. My low back discomfort, and I use that term loosely, increased quite a bit about 6 weeks ago. The new Dr took an xray and the L4-5 area is so misaligned that it can be seen easily on xray and since I know it's there, it can be felt by just touching my low back. A month of adjustments and daily time on an inversion table helps, but it still sometimes moves out of place just because it likes to bug me. Smile

The couple of times I have tried a tiny little jog, I feel it the  next day. I have accepted the fact that I probably won't be running anymore. I'm not as young as I used to be and I need to think about my future.

Singer who runs a smidge

Yeah, I'm finding at 45 that I took 25 for granted.  Hoping that at 65 I don't discover I took 45 for granted!! 

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

You know your hubby is right ...

Not if it's going to delay me feeling better!  Cause I think it's the ear but whatever.  He is the one with the medical PhD...

Damaris

Singer who runs a smidge

And believe me, Ph.D.'s are ALWAYS right!!! 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Well, I also have a PhD, so who would be right then????

I have Pilates and 15 miles. I'm going to the dentist to check what's causing this pain.

Damaris

GinnyinPA

D - I hope the dentist is able to fix what hurts. Good luck.

Singer who runs a smidge

Well, I also have a PhD, so who would be right then????

I have Pilates and 15 miles. I'm going to the dentist to check what's causing this pain.

Hopefully, the dentist.  Not sure about the PhD matchup otherwise!

Singer who runs a smidge

Happy birthday to me!!  Had a lovely bike ride this morning -- the road I usually park on has been closed for parking for a few weeks.  It's a one-way road, but now they've striped in "sharrows" going in the direction of traffic, new parking spaces (before it was just "park where you wanna"), and a bike lane that goes in the opposite direction of traffic.  The NO PARKING signs were gone today, so I inaugurated one of their new parking spaces.  They're weird, because they're to the right of the bike lane, so bikes are riding between parked cars and the curb.  So my car is kinda hanging out in the road more than it used to ... we'll see how it goes.  But somebody had to be the first to park there!    And I'm thrilled to have a bike lane going against traffic, because I ride that road out against traffic illegally every day.  Can't wait until they get it finished all the way of my ride!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Happy Birthday!

Apparently, I need to fix my 20+ year old root canal as it is failing.  And I have an infection in the root.  Hoping they can fix it because if not, I have to take out the tooth and put an implant and that is an 8 month ordeal.

6 miles for me tonight.

Damaris

Singer who runs a smidge

And NOW you get antibiotics, right? 

Also dealing with a little credit card fraud this morning.  My bank caught it, got in touch with me, we denied the bad transactions, and they closed the card and will issue a new one.  Much less painful than it could've been ...

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ugh, fucking annoying.

And yes, I got ABx that are wrecking my stomach. 🤢

Damaris

Singer who runs a smidge

My mom has that problem.  Hope all your woes go away quickly!!

GinnyinPA

HM - nice that your bank figured out the fraud so quickly.

D - sorry about the stomach. How is your tooth feeling?