Beginners and Beyond

SaturDAILIES (Read 36 times)

LRB

The first Ironman was awesome, as was Batman Begins. Captain America Winter Soldier was pretty kick ass too. I also thought the first Thor was the shit, and X-Men 2 and 3 for that matter. Ditto Guardians of the Galaxy. But these things are subjective, so a consensus is unlikely.

DavePMovieCritic is not alone in his views on B v S, nor is he with Spiderman Homecoming, a movie he loved as did the masses, and one I found as dumb as he found B v S, so there.

Coastal

Somebody mention superhero?

Really enjoyed the Man of Steel superman movie and the first Ironman.  Hope to get to see Black Panther in a theater, but we'll see.  There's only one movie theater in the county -- and it has just one screen -- and lots of high school kids.  Missed Wonder Woman when it played here so I'll have to watch it at home.

After all the talk about rain it turned out sunny today, so I decided to stay home and out of the gym.  Got a chance to take care of some sunny day chores that I've been putting off for too long.

Cyberic

The first Ironman was awesome, as was Batman Begins. Captain America Winter Soldier was pretty kick ass too. I also thought the first Thor was the shit, and X-Men 2 and 3 for that matter. Ditto Guardians of the Galaxy. But these things are subjective, so a consensus is unlikely.

DavePMovieCritic is not alone in his views on B v S, nor is he with Spiderman Homecoming, a movie he loved as did the masses, and one I found as dumb as he found B v S, so there.

I'm not a serious movie watcher, and I agree about it being subjective. I did not like Deadpool much, whereas most people loved it.

I'm not a serious movie watcher, and I agree about it being subjective. I did not like Deadpool much, whereas most people loved it.

Heresy! Different strokes.

FTR, in the quest DD & I have to get through all 18 Marvel Cinematic Universe movies, 1 per week, prior to Avengers Infinity War -- this weekend was #10, Guardians of the Galaxy. Good stuff.

Dave

delicate flower

FTR, in the quest DD & I have to get through all 18 Marvel Cinematic Universe movies, 1 per week, prior to Avengers Infinity War -- this weekend was #10, Guardians of the Galaxy. Good stuff.

Speaking of these 18 Marvel movies, Black Panther was good and I enjoyed it a lot, but it doesn't crack my top three, which is Captain America 1, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Doctor Strange.

BvS is somewhere in the middle of my "Loved it!!" and "Hated it!!" spectrum.  Is that allowed?

Black Panther showed "only" four trailers but they are all movies I want to see:  Infinity War, Ant Man and the Wasp, Deadpool 2, and Solo.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yeah, I liked Black Panther (a lot) but it wasn't the best Marvel of all times, like they say.  At least to me. But I am sure to watch it a lot when it comes on HBO.

Damaris