Beginners and Beyond

Where Have All the MONDAILIES Gone? (Read 45 times)

happylily

Yes but I don't want to run on it for 10 months!  I just don't want to hurt my lungs before Paris and 88F at 6pm tomorrow is not going to make them better.

D, what is your goal pace for Paris? I remember that you said you ran your half-marathon with some MP miles, and those were 9:30 mpm. But now you're doing your MP runs around 10:00 pace. Is that due to the heat?

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

happylily

lol

It's a beautiful head!

Always the gentleman...

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

D, what is your goal pace for Paris? I remember that you said you ran your half-marathon with some MP miles, and those were 9:30 mpm. But now you're doing your MP runs around 10:00 pace. Is that due to the heat?

I have not done MP runs at 10mpm. All have been 930s.  Yesterday was MP + 10%.  And I don't know my pace since I will be running by HR but so far, it looks good. But I don't know.

Damaris

happylily

I have not done MP runs at 10mpm. All have been 930s.  Yesterday was MP + 10%.  And I don't know my pace since I will be running by HR but so far, it looks good. But I don't know.

Ah yes... I forgot about the race pace +10% training principle. Not used to it with Pfitz. 9:30 pace will bring you a huuuge PR. We are all rooting for you.

From the Internet.

Morning dailies!

I am at work dressed for a run, just waiting another hour or two for the sun to take care of any remaining ice before I head out. 6-7 easy with some strides on tap for today.

Mmmmm...beer

Don't worry lily, I do the same thing, there's something about being on the treadmill that makes you have to run x pace, even tho you wouldn't be running that pace if you were outside, it's crazy.  That's probably the biggest thing I hate about the treadmill, not being able to let my body pick the pace.  Altho, I will say that it is very handy when you're doing pace specific work.

Some of you have already seen it on fb, but it's official, we're moving to Greenville, SC!!!   I'm super excited.  I'll be going down in a couple of weeks, and then the family will follow me after the school year is out.  I'll miss the goal races I had planned, so I just signed up for the Shamrock half this Sunday.  Only losing a few weeks of my training plan (plus the five days I took off last week), but I feel like I'm still in a good position for a solid PR.  And even if I don't PR, if it gives me one last chance to hang out with all of my running friends here.  Plus, if I'm lucky, I'll have a couple of FEs to boot!  Just have to see if we can find each other in a crowd of 15,000 people. lol

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

From the Internet.

Ah yes... I forgot about the race pace +10% training principle. Not used to it with Pfitz. 9:30 pace will bring you a huuuge PR. We are all rooting for you.

Word! I am very excited for you, your training has been awesome lately!

LRB

I just don't want to hurt my lungs before Paris and 88F at 6pm tomorrow is not going to make them better.

Prudence.

Baboon

delicate flower

Sorry to derail:  Does anybody have any thoughts or advice on what I might be able to expect for a HM time this Saturday?  I see myself landing somewhere in the 1:30-1:40 range and I'd like to narrow that window a bit.  I feel like I'm in better shape than my PR race (1:34:29) but that was an easier course.   Here is the elevation profile from my race last year.  It's not that bad...miles 6-9 are hilly and trend up, but nothing steep like a few weeks ago, plus I've been running a lot of hills this winter.  My coach tells me to run everything by feel, but dammit I need a number!  My week this week will be very similar to my week leading into my PR.

<3

happylily

Sorry to derail:  Does anybody have any thoughts or advice on what I might be able to expect for a HM time this Saturday?  I see myself landing somewhere in the 1:30-1:40 range and I'd like to narrow that window a bit.  I feel like I'm in better shape than my PR race (1:34:29) but that was an easier course.   Here is the elevation profile from my race last year.  It's not that bad...miles 6-9 are hilly and trend up, but nothing steep like a few weeks ago, plus I've been running a lot of hills this winter.  My coach tells me to run everything by feel, but dammit I need a number!  My week this week will be very similar to my week leading into my PR.

Are you trying for a BQ in May? If you are, I would aim for the equivalent time for your half, so about 1:32. You may fade in the end due to the fact that you are in training and did not do a real taper for it, but in theory, you should be able to hang on at the correct pace for at least half the race.

Baboon

delicate flower

Are you trying for a BQ in May? If you are, I would aim for the equivalent time for your half, so about 1:32. You may fade in the end due to the fact that you are in training and did not do a real taper for it, but in theory, you should be able to hang on at the correct pace for at least half the race.

I really don't know.  I've got a month to train and don't know what kind of shape I am in.  Saturday will go a long way towards deciding that.  I'm uncertain about Saturday mainly because of all the quality mid-week hard efforts I've been running.  Those are new to me.  Hard progression runs, 30 minute tempo efforts, LR's on dead legs...don't know what that'll translate to on HM race day.

<3

LRB

I agree with lily, shoot for goal paces across the board. Even a fade will provide a great stimulus for your training.

By going by feel it am sure your coach does not want you to limit yourself so swing for the fences with purpose, not haphazardly.

LRB

Hard progression runs, 30 minute tempo efforts, LR's on dead legs...don't know what that'll translate to on HM race day.

It will make it easier, relatively speaking that is.

happylily

Don't worry lily, I do the same thing, there's something about being on the treadmill that makes you have to run x pace, even tho you wouldn't be running that pace if you were outside, it's crazy.  That's probably the biggest thing I hate about the treadmill, not being able to let my body pick the pace.  Altho, I will say that it is very handy when you're doing pace specific work.

Some of you have already seen it on fb, but it's official, we're moving to Greenville, SC!!!   I'm super excited.  I'll be going down in a couple of weeks, and then the family will follow me after the school year is out.  I'll miss the goal races I had planned, so I just signed up for the Shamrock half this Sunday.  Only losing a few weeks of my training plan (plus the five days I took off last week), but I feel like I'm still in a good position for a solid PR.  And even if I don't PR, if it gives me one last chance to hang out with all of my running friends here.  Plus, if I'm lucky, I'll have a couple of FEs to boot!  Just have to see if we can find each other in a crowd of 15,000 people. lol

That's great news, Dave! Very happy for you. Enjoy your last runs with your running friends; you will soon make new ones.

LRB

That's great news, Dave! Very happy for you. Enjoy your last runs with your running friends; you will soon make new ones.

Yep, moving and leaving the old routes behind gives you that newness of running all over again.