Beginners and Beyond

Ides of March Dailies (Read 22 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

I updated my id maybe 2 years ago. It was honestly one of the least painful MVA vists I've ever had. At the time, they had temporary trailers just for real id appointments, so I was in and out in under 15 minutes. Changing my name was 100X more painful.

sdWhiskers

I had heard 90 days before.

Googling, apparently it depends on the country you are visiting. Most in Caribbean require 6 months, which is what I remember from traveling there.

sdWhiskers

Changing my name was 100X more painful.

Sooo happy that I never did this.

When I moved to CA, I had to take a written exam to get my DL. There is no fricking way that I knew enough to pass, even though I had my DL in other states for 16+ years already  Thankfully, the guy at the DMV just seemed to be passing everyone.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Sooo happy that I never did this.

When I moved to CA, I had to take a written exam to get my DL. There is no fricking way that I knew enough to pass, even though I had my DL in other states for 16+ years already  Thankfully, the guy at the DMV just seemed to be passing everyone.

MVA was a pain because they made me go to a full service branch to show them my marriage license. Maryland has express branches for license renewal and some other simple things. Apparently showing someone a piece of paper requires full service (funny, real id was done at the express location and that was 4 pieces of paper).

Oooh, I have to remember to do my stupid emissions test in the next month. Yay, MVA visit.

Googling, apparently it depends on the country you are visiting. Most in Caribbean require 6 months, which is what I remember from traveling there.

In this case the 90 days was an EU thing.

Dave

My first job out of college was in WV. I had to take a written test, but thought how hard could it be, and didn’t really worry about it. Turned out I should have; I got the exact minimum score to pass. I was 23, and that was the last time I’ve ever had to take one despite 4 subsequent interstate moves.

Dave

sdWhiskers

My first job out of college was in WV. I had to take a written test, but thought how hard could it be, and didn’t really worry about it. Turned out I should have; I got the exact minimum score to pass. I was 23, and that was the last time I’ve ever had to take one despite 4 subsequent interstate moves.

Q: How many feet must you park from a fire hydrant?"  A: Ummm, where the curb isn't red?

I read nothing to prepare. I gave birth 5 weeks prior and had moved 3000 miles so no, I wasn't going to study the book.

It would have been worse if they had made me parallel park!

Q: How many feet must you park from a fire hydrant?"  A: Ummm, where the curb isn't red?

I read nothing to prepare. I gave birth 5 weeks prior and had moved 3000 miles so no, I wasn't going to study the book.

It would have been worse if they had made me parallel park!

You would think the states requiring these kinds of tests would be FULL of good drivers, right??

Dave

sdWhiskers

You would think the states requiring these kinds of tests would be FULL of good drivers, right??