Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES (Read 40 times)

LRB

5 easy.

So how long do you ignore minor foot annoyances in the hope they will go away? About a month ago, I wore a thicker pair of socks with my usual shoes. I felt like my little toe was being smushed and it hurt. Different shoes and socks were OK. I've had on and off discomfort with the stupid toe, again feeling like it was rubbing funny or being smushed. One pair of the running shoes (of course the newest), seem to bother it most.  Dr Google tells me it could be a tailors bunion or stress fracture given the location. Thoughts?

It's all in what we do. I've had what felt like a sprained third toe for weeks now, it's finally feeling like it's coming around.

onemile

5 easy.

So how long do you ignore minor foot annoyances in the hope they will go away? About a month ago, I wore a thicker pair of socks with my usual shoes. I felt like my little toe was being smushed and it hurt. Different shoes and socks were OK. I've had on and off discomfort with the stupid toe, again feeling like it was rubbing funny or being smushed. One pair of the running shoes (of course the newest), seem to bother it most.  Dr Google tells me it could be a tailors bunion or stress fracture given the location. Thoughts?

A wise man once said... there's always something.

Cyberic

5 easy.

I agree with onemile's wise man.

My take.

1- Take it easy if it is getting worse or if the pain makes you alter your stride.

2- If not, try to identify what's causing it (you are doing that, from your post) and stop doing that. Put the new running shoes away and wear thin socks. If it's not getting worse, keep going. It might take a while, but it will eventually go away and chances are that by then it'll hurt somewhere else. If whatever you do makes it worse, see number 1.

onemile

I agree with onemile's wise man.

I didn't realize you removed that from your tagline.  

Cyberic

I didn't realize you removed that from your tagline.  

I didn't

onemile

I didn't

lol I was looking where it says Ninja. 

Cyberic

How'd that feel?

I had not looked at my log yet.

How I felt was better and better as the workout was advancing. The first 400s were difficult.

The numbers:

4 x 400 (1:30, 1:34, 1:33, 1:33)
                4 x 200 (0:42, 0:43, 0:42, 0:41)
                4 x 400 (1:31, 1:29, 1:31, 1:30)
                1 x 800 (3:04)

I do not feel like I have any top end endurance. Don't think I'll race this weekend. I need to oil the machine a bit more.

Cyberic

lol I was looking where it says Ninja. 

No more Ninja. Didn't like it, anyways.

onemile

I had not looked at my log yet.

How I felt was better and better as the workout was advancing. The first 400s were difficult.

The numbers:

4 x 400 (1:30, 1:34, 1:33, 1:33)
                    4 x 200 (0:42, 0:43, 0:42, 0:41)
                    4 x 400 (1:31, 1:29, 1:31, 1:30)
                    1 x 800 (3:04)

I do not feel like I have any top end endurance. Don't think I'll race this weekend. I need to oil the machine a bit more.

Not bad being so shortly removed from running a marathon

Cyberic

This dude still had energy after a 5k

(click on image to start video) http://runningmagazine.ca/watch-more-road-races-need-finish-line-moments-like-this/

onemile

No more Ninja. Didn't like it, anyways.

Also, your avi is ready for spring.

Cyberic

Also, your avi is ready for spring.

Ya think? 

Workout, yeah, I'm happy. I ran a 5:45 1600m trial last June. I could not have done that today, that's for sure. I also don't have a sub 20 5K in me. I'm out of speed shape.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I met Ryan Hall.  Too short for my taste, but damn.

I agree that the MLRs are helping you feel less run over, Dave.  Which is a good thing.  I've always said that more miles help the speed but also the recovery part.

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I met Ryan Hall.  Too short for my taste, but damn.

I agree that the MLRs are helping you feel less run over, Dave.  Which is a good thing.  I've always said that more miles help the speed but also the recovery part.

What is his height?

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

What is his height?

He appeared shorter than me and I'm 5'7". I saw him talking at the ING Miami Marathon and I could barely see him he was short.  According to wikipedia, he is 5'10".  He definitely looked shorter than that when I met him.  Like Tom Cruise height, ha.

Damaris