Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #133 (Read 30 times)

DavePNW

There was a story about how Beyonce, her sisten, mom & basically all family members got tests so they could spend Mother's Day together. The testing rules change if you have money or are orange.

The way the FL stats are, now they can claim 1100 more tests and only 1 more case

LOL. 

Dave

Daffyduck - what's a half hill?

full hill still too much for my right calf...it is not that long, .25, but about 7.5%grade 
      so I only do half At a time.... and my right calf really feeling the 4 halves from today.

THANK YOU,  I’ve only been using this section of trail for a year and a half and have not explored feeder trails that lead to what is likely a quiet neighborhood roads.... will drive around there tomorrow

Half Crazy K 2.0

So not running related, but I wold expect other Olympic sports to follow, USA Gymnastics just announced all premier events are cancelled until 2021.

onemile

Wow, it’s surprising they’re planning this far ahead. My new company is currently all working remotely other than manufacturing personnel, since operations are still running. Apparently they’re currently developing a plan to phase in getting people back.

there is a plan for getting people back in the office that starts June 1st and goes in phases and my group won't be returning until the green phase which is a minimum of 3 full months into the plan and possibly more depending on how things unfold..

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

There was a story about how Beyonce, her sisten, mom & basically all family members got tests so they could spend Mother's Day together. The testing rules change if you have money or are orange.

The way the FL stats are, now they can claim 1100 more tests and only 1 more case

Since FL has reduced testing more than ever, they will probably be the only 1100 tests they administer for the rest of May, lol.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

LOL. 

Him not wearing a mask while everybody else does shows how much he cares about others.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

Him not wearing a mask while everybody else does shows how much he cares about others.

It also makes it hard for people to take the message from the White House seriously. At one of his first press conferences, our governor commented he had way to many people on the stage and his future press conferences would have fewer people & they would observe social distancing (they have). When the MD mask mandate went into effect, the governor & those at the press conferencec wore a mask unless they were speaking (which to me makes sense) or interpretting with ASL.

Now for all I know, when the state officials get off camera, they could all be high 5ing without masks and sharing the same beer. But at least when they are on camera, they are doing the same things they are asking residents to do.

sdWhiskers

Sounds like my company will reimburse for childcare until end of 2020. Up to $125/day  

DavePNW

Sounds like my company will reimburse for childcare until end of 2020. Up to $125/day  

Can you find childcare??

Dave

sdWhiskers

Can you find childcare??

As in hire a person to be at our house. Not surprisingly, Care.com is flooded with people trying to find work.

Half Crazy K 2.0

As in hire a person to be at our house. Not surprisingly, Care.com is flooded with people trying to find work.

Are your day care centers open for essential personnel?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Who is going to assure that person is tested and not sick? Whoever you hire, make sure you have procedures for her to follow daily. Gah.

Also, is this to make you come back to the office or just to help you while you work from home? We have admin leave available (up to 20 hours) to home school the children right now. But it affects your benefits and retirement timeframe.

Damaris

sdWhiskers

Are your day care centers open for essential personnel?

Yes, daycare centers have been. But not sure what has been available for school aged kids.

With the safety risks, I'd rather have my son at home.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

With the safety risks, I'd rather have my son at home.

Yeah, one person is better than a group, for sure.

Damaris

sdWhiskers

Who is going to assure that person is tested and not sick? Whoever you hire, make sure you have procedures for her to follow daily. Gah.

Also, is this to make you come back to the office or just to help you while you work from home? We have admin leave available (up to 20 hours) to home school the children right now. But it affects your benefits and retirement timeframe.

There is no rush to go back to the office, they don't want us there.

I can take additional PTO for Covid childcare needs.