Beginners and Beyond

A serious question which I can't believe I'm posting on the internet... (Read 99 times)

LRB

I remember reading someone either here or on RWOL, saying that he got the coffee effect by doing crunches/situps.  Apparently it was enough to get the muscles warm and going.  I haven't tried it, but it might be quicker than waiting for the coffee pot.

We do K-cups not sit ups, there is no way that was here. lol

onemile

lol

cjones1

I'm gone one day and this is what I come back to.

for me, it's up and out the door in 15 minutes.  I take care of business at work.  I think the whole floor knows where I'm at at 9:30.

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

bluerun

Super B****

This is honestly not something that I think about.  Ever.  I have the most unpredictable digestive system in the world, and it does what it wants when it wants.  So... I can be out the door in fifteen minutes.  Or I can be cursing said digestive system for an hour.  ::nothelpful::

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Little Blue

Well in this context, K-cups might work just fine.  And they're faster than brewed coffee.

DavePNW

If you can't talk to other runners about pooping, who can you talk to about it? There is more poop talk here than the on the GastroenterologyAHEAD forums.

As the book says, everyone poops, but everyone's GI system works differently. So no one can know exactly what will work for you.

I always run first thing in the morning. I get up, dressed, put in contacts, & out the door in 20 min. No eating or drinking anything. (As of about a month ago, add a 30 min drive to the gym.) The 20 min includes dropping a deuce, 100% of the time. I don't need to do anything special, it just happens. (Sometimes when I get to the gym, another.) Regardless of that, the PM strikes about 80-90% of the time, within the first 1-2 miles. I have not found anything that will change that. The only solution for me is making sure there are places to stop on the route. It is just part of the routine. Can be a challenge at 5:30 AM. It is critical not to be picky - gas station, coffee shop, restroom at public park, construction site portapotty, or in a pinch (no pun intended), the woods when available.

Actually it is not as much of an issue when running at other times of day. But mornings just work better for me otherwise.

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I hate that bitch....

Sometimes I can run without having to take a pit stop, sometimes I will go before my run and then afterwards... sometimes I can get caught out there during my runs, especially if the run is longer than an hour. During long runs, I've learned to carry baby wipes in a plastic baggie in my hydration pack.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

During long runs, I've learned to carry baby wipes in a plastic baggie in my hydration pack.

I can appreciate your foresight but at that point I think I would just drag my ass across the ground. lol

RSX

I saw a gastro on a follow up while I was training for 26.2, I happened to mention pit stops and he gave me 3 otc things to take. They solved my problem. The marathon and long runs after that went well along those lines anyway.

As far as procrastinating I actually get up a little earlier to allow for that. On a work day I have no problem getting out on time.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I can appreciate your foresight but at that point I think I would just drag my ass across the ground. lol

No freaking way damn it, lol.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

happylily

I have nothing to contribute to this thread. But I'm so glad I run in the evening most of the time!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I have nothing to contribute to this thread. But I'm so glad I run in the evening most of the time!

Actually it's even worse if I run in the evening, because I've eaten throughout the day.

PRs

Half Crazy K 2.0

Just remember, leaves of three, let them be. 

I find the time pacing around the house, making coffee, sunscreen etc help. My uneducated guess is that gravity helps.

I run in the afternoon during the workweek.I try to make sure I TCB before I run, mainly because I eat a pretty high fiber lunch, usually a salad with beans or chickpeas.

Cyberic

Lol!

music_girl117

I don't really have any advice as far as using the bathroom, but, just a friendly reminder that you really *don't* need to get online before your morning run.  I know how easy it is to get sucked into reading a bunch of stuff; just say no!! Smile  I mean, you're going to sign on here to log the details of your run afterwards anyway, right?  So just read/respond to stuff then.  That could save some time.

PRs:

5k - 22:53  (May 2015)

10k - 50:00 (unofficial; part of 20k race, March 2015); 50:33 (official; July 2016)

HM - 1:48:40  (Apr. 2015)