Beginners and Beyond

Tuesday Penguins have strange running gear!! (Read 15 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

Docket especially!!

SRD for me today, but I am contemplating a bike ride tonight.  DH kinda buried our bikes in the garage to set up a table to fix his chainsaw, so we'll see.  Not that his chainsaw got fixed, mind you. 

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Buelligan

I'm a Husqvarna man, myself.

Singer who runs a smidge

DH's is orange, I think.

GinnyinPA

Does he sharpen it himself?  That's a time consuming task.

I have strange running gear, mostly because I'm too cheap to buy new when I already have something else I can use - like my fanny pack. The first couple of years my winter running pants were my hiking pants - light nylon with lots of pockets. When it was really cold, I just put on long underwear underneath. I felt like a real runner when I finally bought tights - but I rarely wear them because they don't have pockets so I wear windpants instead..

I'll probably go out with the beer runners tonight, so 4.

Singer who runs a smidge

I don't think it's a sharpness issue, I think it's a "doesn't want to run" issue.  TBH, I didn't ask much past "Why's the chainsaw on sawhorses in the garage?"  And clearly I didn't really listen to the answer.  See, guys?  Wives do that too!! 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning.  I have Pilates and some miles tonight.

HopesMom, wait, that's not my gear! Enjoy the rest day and bike ride.

Buelligan, how are you feeling?

Ginny, enjoy the beer running 4.

Damaris

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Hi Pens!  My student pushed his session from today to Thursday so I have the afternoon free for painting and running.

I'm going to explore and try to do at least a 5k.  I have been having allergy issues since moving here because the previous owners had cats and I'm allergic.  The painting and lots of cleaning has helped.  Maybe going for a run will further help clear out my sinuses.

How's everyone in the igloo been doing?

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Buelligan

Buelligan, how are you feeling?

I don't know yet, but all indications are pointing towards fabulous.

Buelligan

DH's is orange, I think.

Sounds like a Husqvarna man, too.    Manly men, we are.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I don't know yet, but all indications are pointing towards fabulous.

LOL.  At least you are feeling better than me.

Damaris

Singer who runs a smidge

Sounds like a Husqvarna man, too.    Manly men, we are.

My tech chopped off the end of his finger with his table saw last week, can he get in on this manly men thing too?

Buelligan

My tech chopped off the end of his finger with his table saw last week, can he get in on this manly men thing too?

I cut the corner off a table I was using to hold a sheet of plywood with a circular saw this weekend.  It's dangerous being a manly man.  Expensive, too.

Singer who runs a smidge

Things you don't want to hear:  VROOOOM!!!  "Oops."

Zelanie

Hi pens.  No saws here, because we would both be dangerous with them.  I think we have a couple of handsaws mostly for camping.

I had to work tonight, and then I got home and ran my first strength workout- 9.5 with 6 x 1 mile at faster than MP.  Went really well, even with the dark and the fog.  But it's getting cool outside, that definitely helps!