Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #199 (Read 25 times)

LRB

I didn't. It's a pretty huge event.

Well you're practical, and I am too when the subject isn't 2020 fall marathons. 

Half Crazy K 2.0

Based on what? I don’t see anything in 2020 with more than maybe 500 people. Even in a red state.

5k here in August maxes out at 550. No way in hell. They are doing starts every minute based on expected finish. That is always accurate It may work for the first few groups of really fast (last year the winner was in 15 minutes and change), but once you get to the masses, it is going to be a cluster.

Baltimore still thinks they are happening. I iwsh the mayor would grow a pair and revoke their permit now.

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

Monumental marathon canceled!

(in before Damaris)

Detroit Free Press marathon remains uncancelled! 

(also in before Damaris)

sdWhiskers

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

LOL.

So I'm eating lunch on my desk, minding my own business after doing a walk through of the office to make sure the door is open, the bell is there, etc. Suddenly I hear a fucking knock and almost fell off my chair. Stupid fridge restarting. 

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Lakefront canceled.

In before they take it away from me.

Damaris

LRB

Detroit Free Press marathon remains uncancelled! 

(also in before Damaris)

I would run it but no way would I register for it before the August 24th registration deadline. It's like a set up, you register on the last day then bam, they cancel it the next day.

onemile

I would run it but no way it's actually gonna happen

Cyberic

I have from July 1 to November 30 to log 250,000 steps to earn $100 from work.  It took me 17 days.

Hahahaha! 

Cyberic

Ran a bit less than 10 this morning in pretty heavy rain. I was actually a bit cold at times. It was great!

A bit of chafing in the man parts area, though, and might have a little blister under a toe from the tender wet skin.

KCRuns

Yesterday was a rest day, though I did walk a mile on the TM just to move a little.  Today I did run/walk on the TM for 4 miles, including one of the iFit programs.

I agree with OM that running outside in December is way better than July!

GinnyinPA

7 on the TM

sdWhiskers

30 min strength training

Also this:

Image may contain: text that says 'the ONION America's Finest News Source Breaking News: The Onion on the verge of collapse after not being able to make up shit that is more idiotic than current reality.'

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

LOL.

Ended up with a migraine by lunch time. And my sacrum was painful for sitting in my office chair all day. WTF.

My run went well, though.

Damaris